Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dan_males

update 2015.03.21 stalled out on android load screen!!!

I Downloaded the 2014.11.05 update from mygica.com, installed fine, and then downloaded the 2015.03.21 from mygica.ca/forum page and did the install from local update menu from a USb stick and now its stalled out at the screen with the green android guy and the progress bar at the bottom stuck around 75%. the thing in his belly usually rotates is not moving, indicating to me its frozen/stalled out. i dont want to unplug or whatever because im affraid it will brick it. what do i do?!

I Downloaded the 2014.11.05 update from mygica.com, installed fine, and then downloaded the 2015.03.21 from mygica.ca/forum page and did the install from local update menu from a USb stick and now its stalled out at the screen with the green android guy and the progress bar at the bottom stuck around 75%. the thing in his belly usually rotates is not moving, indicating to me its frozen/stalled out. i dont want to unplug or whatever because im affraid it will brick it. what do i do?!

This happened to me also. I just unplugged and it rebooted back to Recovery screen. Then I just tried again.

Seems like this is a common occurrence. I rebooted back to recovery (pressing reset while plugging in) and reinstalled. Then had doubles of a lot of things, mygica store, Kodi/xbmc etc. Wiped/reinstalled again, all good.

Via usb stick the bar reached 100% then the green bit of the bar was scrolling left to right for over 10 mins. I power cycled the 1800 and rebooted and it was stuck on the Kit Kat screen. The next day it booted, I tried upgrading via sd card instead, it stalled at 75% and I had to power cycle it and it worked. Now I have the crusty big blocks menu, yet not Kodi, only XBMC??!! wtf?