Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tommytuna

After March firmware, device requires unplug/replug each use

After 2 months of playing with this device, it is going back. Latest firmware issues force me to unplug the unit and wait 10 second to plug back in to hard boot the unit to get a signal on HDMI. Plus countless sound issues with movies. I think I will take the other users advice and buy a Roku 3. They are about 1/3 the price of this unit and remote. :(

My brother in-law told me about this unit. The box itself is a beast but the support and the firmware are terrible. I was initially excited about this box but now, I regret it. I'm never buying myGica product again. It's all about great support and myGica have failed to deliver.

My brother in-law told me about this unit. The box itself is a beast but the support and the firmware are terrible. I was initially excited about this box but now, I regret it. I'm never buying myGica product again. It's all about great support and myGica have failed to deliver.

Its like having a Ferrari but you have to use a hand crank to start it up and even if it starts it only runs when it wants to and leaves you stranded every second time you drive it. I'm very disappointed. :evil:

Geez, and I thought I was the only one putting the hate on MyGica. I bought 3 units of the 1800. Two were gifts. They ask me for updates and I tell them I don't want them to have the same situation. What a pain in the butt this unit has been. Not to mention the fancy remote from them that works for a day and you have to replace the batteries. I have other friends asking me what to buy. I now recommend anything but MyGica. Looks like they might be knocked off the high horse and become the jackass of media players at this rate. Hee-haw. FIX IT ALREADY!!!!!!

I'm on the fence right not about returning my newly purchased 1800E.... the reason being is that it is not perfect, but I'm not experiencing the same degree of issues as many other users, even though it is running the very same firmware. For example the unplug/replug issue has not shown up. The only time I've seen something similar is only if I push the physical power button on the box to turn it completely off, no red light. The problem is that it cannot be turned on again from the power button, I then need to unplug and replug again. This is not a big deal and I'm sure it can be fixed in the future firmware. I'm wondering if many of the issues are occurring on the first edition version which was without BT? Is it possible the the second edition with BT is somehow different and doesn't react the same with the latest firmware? Would make sense that the developers would only have tested the latest FW with the newest version of the box? Just a thought? If anyone is having the unplug/replug issue with the BT version, then it shoots my theory to hell. FBN

I'm on the fence right not about returning my newly purchased 1800E.... the reason being is that it is not perfect, but I'm not experiencing the same degree of issues as many other users, even though it is running the very same firmware. For example the unplug/replug issue has not shown up. The only time I've seen something similar is only if I push the physical power button on the box to turn it completely off, no red light. The problem is that it cannot be turned on again from the power button, I then need to unplug and replug again. This is not a big deal and I'm sure it can be fixed in the future firmware. I'm wondering if many of the issues are occurring on the first edition version which was without BT? Is it possible the the second edition with BT is somehow different and doesn't react the same with the latest firmware? Would make sense that the developers would only have tested the latest FW with the newest version of the box? Just a thought? If anyone is having the unplug/replug issue with the BT version, then it shoots my theory to hell. FBN

FBN, I'm glad you are not experiencing the same issues that I had. After turning it off (it actually goes on standby) with the physical power button on the box, you said it won't turn on again using that same button but does it turn on with the remote? If there's no red light and you used a physical method to turn the box on, I'd say it is not just an easy firmware fix but more of a small short on the circuit.

I had the '2015 edition' that had bluetooth and there were many problems with it. I don't think it would have just been me judging by the number of complaints on this website alone. But you raise a good question in that MyGica should not only be working on firmware fixes but also figure out which version of the boxes are being affected. I don't see any of that analysis being done.

If you can still return box, I would recommend it. I don't think any product is ever perfect but I have never seen a 'flagship' product have so many issues. To me, that's clearly more of a money grab and it speaks to the lack of integrity of the company. Anyway, there are so many other options out there that I didn't know about. Ironically, it was this faulty box that lit the fire in me to start researching other options. I just bought an Intel NUC. It's more of a computer than a media PC but man, does it perform and you can even upgrade the memory. You can also check out the HP Stream which is the same price as the 1800e.

Sorry if my post has sprinkles of a venting session in it but I am still feeling upset and mislead by this manufacturer.

X

I can turn off the box with the remote and it goes to standby with the red LED lit. The remote can then turn the box on again. This has always worked... So far. But physically powering down the box with the front button and there is no lit LED, I cannot power it up again from the front button. This needs an unplug and replug to get it going. Of course the remote will not work if the box is fully powered down and not in standby.

I do a full power down with my ATV1200 all the time and it can be powered up with the front button again. FBN

I have the same issue (unplug/re-power on), PLUS when running KODI 14.1, my unit is constantly buffering when playing a hi-res video file stored on my network, sometimes causing crashes requiring a complete manual reboot. I'm not at all happy with the ATV1800e.

I have the same issue (unplug/re-power on), PLUS when running KODI 14.1, my unit is constantly buffering when playing a hi-res video file stored on my network, sometimes causing crashes requiring a complete manual reboot. I'm not at all happy with the ATV1800e.

What version do you have? With Bluetooth or without Bluetooth?

FBN

I can turn off the box with the remote and it goes to standby with the red LED lit. The remote can then turn the box on again. This has always worked... So far. But physically powering down the box with the front button and there is no lit LED, I cannot power it up again from the front button. This needs an unplug and replug to get it going. Of course the remote will not work if the box is fully powered down and not in standby.

I do a full power down with my ATV1200 all the time and it can be powered up with the front button again. FBN

My point is that there is no power down with the 1800e. It is either ON or on STANDBY. I either remember seeing this stated somewhere in the forums by the mod or it could even be in the manual that came with the box.

If by pressing the power button on the box causes the box to essentially shut off, then the power button is shorting the box. This is validated by the fact that you have to unplug and plug to get it going again. You have a defective box...

It has bluetooth, according to the packaging, although I've never tried to use BT. It's a 2015 unit, 2 weeks old - has the remote with the keyboard on the underside, dual-band wifi, etc.

What version do you have? With Bluetooth or without Bluetooth?

FBN

I have the same issue with mine as a 2015 model it has Bluetooth but mine has the old style remote with no keyboard on the bottom and I have the same issue as everyone else it must be unplugged and rebooted once it goes to standby that's why I started another thread so people can list there serial number and maybe we can pin this down as a hardware issue and get replacement boxes here is a link to my thread I hope everyone to lists their model number and serial number like I did so we can compare

http://www.mygicasupport.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=2971&sid=b9f598c31c7c9cfba2c3ce302ee2b19f

nonothing, I will get you the S/N of my unit tonight and post on your thread. I resolved to simply leave the ATV1800e on at all times, and programmed my Logitech Harmony One accordingly. That "solved" the power cycling issue. I also now get uninterrupted streaming (i.e. no buffering) as long as the system is no scanning for new media. With a quad-core CPU, I would think that it could multitask, but evidently it cannot! So all video plays now, except for very high-bandwidth files, such as high-quality (high data rate) Blu-ray rips. We were actually able to watch a 1080p movie for the very first time from our DNLA server, over wifi, without a single glitch.

LiveTV streams are horrible quality, so I'm passing on those, and of course Netflix is 720p, so I'm not using that functionality either.

Can someone (Justin?) from MyGica comment on when the firmware update will be coming to fix the power on/off issue? I don't care about new features at this point, just want that fix and i'm back to being a happy customer. My wife has given up now - she just uses the crappy media functions on our Samsung TV as it is a whole process to power the thing up.

Tommy

Just leave it on - don't power down. Should not cause any ill effects (like overheating) if the processor is not working. That's what I'm doing, and the missus is happy (er) :)

Larry, it's not like that for everyone. I just simply turn my tv off and on again and the 1800 doesn't send the HDMI signal or something. I do this without even turning the 1800 off. The only way each time the 1800 works when you want to use it is to do the reboot. So all in all, it's all up to MyGica to fix the bug already. Never mind people saying just do this. Mygica should have the fix by now. It's almost 3 months now.

I gave up on it, and took it back to the dealer for a full refund last night. Why should I put up with little or no OEM support, a bug-ridden product, with spotty performance?

Cheers.