Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tommytuna

After March firmware, device requires unplug/replug each use

Hi there - I upgraded to latest firmware. Having an issue whereby the box doesn't come out of standby properly and there is no HDMI signal on the TV/Receiver. After pulling plug / repluging it boots up fine and HDMI is there. I tried a bunch of settings and nothing works. Very very annoying. Is there a fix workaround?

Device worked perfectly on prior firmware versions (even the Feb beta).

sincerely,

Tom

I also noticed an audio/video issue. When I have something playing or on pause using kodi or any other app. When I switch tv inputs and try to go back where mygica is plugged into....no audio/video. I have to unplug the box to get the image again.

I tried another tv input, another TV, another HDMI wire. still the same issue.

My 1200 never gave me that problem.

I can see that I am not alone.

I guess we have to play the waiting game.

We are noticing this on only a certain # of TV Brands.

Being worked on

We will try to send out an OTA update for this rather then a manual update.

OTA means over the air?

How will I know when its done?

Yes it means OVER THE AIR.

Will get a pop up message on your screen when an update is available

Or you can manually check for updates by using the UPGRADE app. Just turn off Auto Detect, and it will give you the option to manually check afterwards.

I will also make a Forum announcement in regards to OTA updates.

Mine is a Samsung TV connected via a Denon Receiver with HDMI.

I had Netflix stop working the other day. Goes to play a move in Netflix app and exits back out to the main Netflix menu. Very bizarre as it worked before.

Hoping for another update soon as my wife has given up now after having to plug/unplug and no Netflix.

Mine is a Samsung TV connected via a Denon Receiver with HDMI.

I had Netflix stop working the other day. Goes to play a move in Netflix app and exits back out to the main Netflix menu. Very bizarre as it worked before.

Hoping for another update soon as my wife has given up now after having to plug/unplug and no Netflix.

Same boat here my wife and kids won't use it so i'm thinking of reverting back to my own set up I had with a previous stable version and the new Kodi 15.0 “Isengard” it worked great but I really like the new Flash that gives me DTS and way faster internet.

Patiently waiting for the fix

Hi. I have seen quite a lot of new and ongoing problems with the latest firmware update (Mar 31-2015). I myself have a problem updating google apps using Google play store with this current firmware.

Any suggestion as when would an official update firmware be expected to come out to resolve the current issues with this firmware ?

Regard.

I would suggest these steps

1. stop the updates there is a stop button

2. reboot system

3. open Play Store, top left hand side there is little 3 lines

4. select My Apps

5. select just one app and click on update and agree for update

6. once it starts to download then click on update all

and i will bring this problem with our Dev team for later OS release to be corrected

Thank you,

Same problem here. I always have to hold the power button for a couple of seconds, push the down button once and hit ok. I do this blind and it reboots. Quite annoying since I have to do it every time. Please fix soon!!!!!

Same problem here. I always have to hold the power button for a couple of seconds, push the down button once and hit ok. I do this blind and it reboots. Quite annoying since I have to do it every time. Please fix soon!!!!!

haha this is what I have to do as well.

I just showed my wife how to do it and she's like 'um...how come there's nothing on the screen to show me what I'm doing' and I said 'yeah...that's the entire reason why we are rebooting it blindly...' :lol:

Almost 2 months and no firmware update...I've already turned away about 10 friends/colleagues from getting this box. Sorry for being cynical but this is a sad state for MyGica. Silver lining is that it was only $175.

Justin, just my humble suggestion but optically, small fixes every couple of weeks scratch off one or two issues with the box looks so much better on consumers than a big update every 3 months unless you already have a near-perfect running product.

X

haha this is what I have to do as well.

I just showed my wife how to do it and she's like 'um...how come there's nothing on the screen to show me what I'm doing' and I said 'yeah...that's the entire reason why we are rebooting it blindly...' :lol:

Almost 2 months and no firmware update...I've already turned away about 10 friends/colleagues from getting this box. Sorry for being cynical but this is a sad state for MyGica. Silver lining is that it was only $175.

Justin, just my humble suggestion but optically, small fixes every couple of weeks scratch off one or two issues with the box looks so much better on consumers than a big update every 3 months unless you already have a near-perfect running product.

X

You beat me to it and I couldn't agree more with smaller more frequent updates it would make it way easier to pinpoint the issue and it would also allow people to pick and choose what updates they want.. From the last update all I wanted was the faster bandwidth Internet.

I had people over to watch a movie and they own a Roku and they couldn't believe it when I told them how long it's been doing this.

I'm getting my new ATV1800e in a couple of days and reading the threads about the ongoing issues with the latest firmware makes me wonder if I should not upgrade mine until a more stable firmware version is released.

Should I hold off? I know that there have been some improvements in the latest release, but is it worth it?

FBN

I'm getting my new ATV1800e in a couple of days and reading the threads about the ongoing issues with the latest firmware makes me wonder if I should not upgrade mine until a more stable firmware version is released.

Should I hold off? I know that there have been some improvements in the latest release, but is it worth it?

FBN

If it were me I'd hold off if your stuck on getting a mygica but if I had it to do over I'd go with a Roku given the very slow response time of fixes for their flagship. In my experience other vendors make it a priority to keep the people who purchase the most expensive models happy. I was going to buy at least 1 or 2 more units based on my experience with this unit but that's not going to happen now.

All 1800e owners need to express our displease with these untested and unstable firmware releases cause had they tested the firmware they would have experienced these glitches right away like most users did. my issues started right away and I'm sure it did for others but we need to all speak up not just to complain but to let the moderators know how widespread these glitches are so they can prioritize their efforts based on the # of people affected. I was a moderator from a satellite site and our concentration of efforts were directly promotional to the amount of user complaints or requests for help.

So anyone else who is having these issue please take a minute and post a simple response like "same issue here please release a fix" and I can assure you it will speed things up and if it doesn't then you have your answer on whether or to buy a MyGica and I'll have my answer on whether I'll buy 2 more units.

Over 600 views but only 22 posts doesn't help convey how much displeasure customers are experiencing over these major glitches like not being able turn on your unit without doing a special procedure that's just crazy :roll:

FBN

If it were me I'd hold off if your stuck on getting a mygica but if I had it to do over I'd go with a Roku given the very slow response time of fixes for their flagship. In my experience other vendors make it a priority to keep the people who purchase the most expensive models happy. I was going to buy at least 1 or 2 more units based on my experience with this unit but that's not going to happen now.

All 1800e owners need to express our displease with these untested and unstable firmware releases cause had they tested the firmware they would have experienced these glitches right away like most users did. my issues started right away and I'm sure it did for others but we need to all speak up not just to complain but to let the moderators know how widespread these glitches are so they can prioritize their efforts based on the # of people affected. I was a moderator from a satellite site and our concentration of efforts were directly promotional to the amount of user complaints or requests for help.

So anyone else who is having these issue please take a minute and post a simple response like "same issue here please release a fix" and I can assure you it will speed things up and if it doesn't then you have your answer on whether or to buy a MyGica and I'll have my answer on whether I'll buy 2 more units.

Thanks for the reply.... I had already ordered the unit and now have it, I've kept the firmware at the version it shipped with (20150321), but it has issues too, and I discovered some of them only within minutes of turning it on. You are right, MyGica doesn't test their firmware very well it seems. The two major issues I have right now are that the optical sound output doesn't work and that Netflix has jerky video, this may be due to frames being lost, I've been told. I have a 30 day money back return policy where I bought the unit and will return it if something isn't done soon, I'm only at day 4 today.

FBN

I'm also stuck with the unplug since the upgrade...and now today Kodi has stopped working, when I click on it I get a quick black screen then right back to home page.