Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

xxvga

DTS-HD and HD MAster

Not sure about the HD Master but there is definitely a setting in XBMC to pass through the DTS HD signal to a receiver that supports that codec.

I set it to pass through however it's not working. I just get clicking sounds coming through my receiver.

regular DTS is coming through fine.

I know my receiver works for DTS-HD and HD Master because I've tested it with the WD TV Live, which passes the raw signal through HDMI.

Any ideas? Or does the ATV520e not support passing this through?

Thanks again.

Not sure about the HD Master but there is definitely a setting in XBMC to pass through the DTS HD signal to a receiver that supports that codec.

I set it to pass through however it's not working. I just get clicking sounds coming through my receiver.

regular DTS is coming through fine.

I know my receiver works for DTS-HD and HD Master because I've tested it with the WD TV Live, which passes the raw signal through HDMI.

Any ideas? Or does the ATV520e not support passing this through?

Thanks again.

The 520E's chipset does not have the hardware support for DTS or DD HDMI pass through, in order to support this, separate licenses are required for both DTS and DD support. You will find DD Hardware support through HDMI on the new ATV 1800E Quad core model being released soon, DTS Hardware support through HDMI wont be added, as the license for DTS cannot be obtained.

However XBMC can software decode DTS and DD video files, as long as the video file you are trying to watch, has these audio codecs included within the video file. While watching any video file through XBMC, click the OK button on your remote, and it will bring up the VIDEO MENU on the bottom of the screen, within this video menu, it will determine which type of video file it is, such as FLV, or MP4, also the resolution its being played in, such as 720P or SD, and it will also state which audio codec it plays in, such as DD or MP3 for example, from experience I have not seen a lot of video files which include the DTS codec, but I have seen a lot of video files support DD.

Hope this answers your questions