Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Draconian

Firmware upgrades in general

Hi all,

Just some quick feedback on firmware upgrades - not only related to the most recent firmware, but in general:

1. After every firmware upgrade, I notice the MyGica 582 is very slow and often unstable for the first few days. I guess this is the system stabilising as it updates it's background tasks for the first time and possibly as the XBMC/Kodi library updates, etc. Scrolling through the library is agonising because the menu items take very long to load and sometimes crash the XBMC/Kodi app. After a few days, flicking through the library becomes extremely responsive and a pleasure to scroll around. So I found it important to just be patient for a few days after the upgrade.

2. I have recently upgraded to the 3-31-15 version from my previous verion (the one just before 11-05-14 - I think it was a July 14 version). Although the new version is slightly better than my previous much older version, the slight improvement in performance and features was not realy worth the effort for this major upgrade (in my opinion). This may appear negative, but actually I believe that the older version was quite good already. I have had other several other media players in the past, and can say that the MyGica is by far the best. Even with Kodi 14.1 - I did not see any significant improvements nor features compared with 13.2 (only significant change for me was the Logo change). So my advise to others is only upgrade if it fixes a problem you are experiencing or has a significant feature you need.

3. Request for better version control - this is a friendly request to MyGica to please improve their version numbering to be more understandable... it is ironic that version 03-15 is newer than version 11-05... Better is to have major and minor versions as follows: v1.0 is the main release i.e. version X.Y, where X is the major release (which is the main version released to the customers) and Y is the minor release which is a fix release.. much like Kodi does it...

:D My opinion only so take with a grain of salt...

1. I like the latest upgrade because it

a) has kodi 14.1

b) has emulation capability now

c) has ota update capability now.

2. The latest update before this was ended with the numbers 20141105. This one is 21150321. My internal calendar tells me that the second update is the newest. ;)