Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Willits

ethernet to appear as WiFi

Hello,

I have just installed the Xfinity TV go app on my ATV 1200. This app requires a WiFi connection to stream video and I have my box hooked up to an ethernet connection. The app does work if I turn off the ethernet and just use WiFi, but the video stutters a lot on WiFi.

My question is if there is a setting or fix that would make the box appear that it is on WiFi when it is connected via ethernet?

When I look at the connection it appears that the box is connected to the ethernet and to WiFi.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Peter

Hello,

I have just installed the Xfinity TV go app on my ATV 1200. This app requires a WiFi connection to stream video and I have my box hooked up to an ethernet connection. The app does work if I turn off the ethernet and just use WiFi, but the video stutters a lot on WiFi.

My question is if there is a setting or fix that would make the box appear that it is on WiFi when it is connected via ethernet?

When I look at the connection it appears that the box is connected to the ethernet and to WiFi.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Peter

Hi

You can only have one internet connection connected to the box, whether it be wifi or ethernet, you cannot be connected to both at the same time. In the settings menu you can turn ethernet off, while the wifi is turned on and connected.

That is very strange that the app only works on wifi though, I have not heard of this before. May I ask what happens when using the app if you are connected to ethernet?

There currently is no way to fool the app into thinking its running on wifi, even though your connected to ethernet. There might be an Android app for this available in the Play store, but nothing that I am aware of.

We would suggest looking into getting a newer and faster router, and using it on the Wireless N 5.0GHZ instead of Wireless G 2.4GHz with your ATV 1200.

I use an ATV 1200 at home on the Wireless N 5.0GHZ network, and I am able to stream any video I want without any problems, I do however have a 50MB Download cable internet, so this also helps.