Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

carstereoguy

problem with usb keyboard and media center

unfortunately its too late for me to bring this back to the store im so disappointed I have 2 problems with the 582.

first since update if I use a keyboard I get no range and its very choppy

second if I have a few movies on my hard drive and I use the media center I get no sound but if I remove a movie than it works my hard drive is connected to my router.

the description of the problem is not clear

what do you mean by "choppy"?

does the keyboard work on another device? (laptop, pc) (it may have gone bad)

what do you mean by "remove a movie" ? (delete from hard drive, remove from playlist, etc.)

are you saying that the sound does not work for some movies, but works for other movies?

sorry I will clarify

sound doesn't work on lets say horrible bosses 2 the movie but if I delete a movie of the hard drive that I have sound and if I use the ps3 or pc sound works no matter what. as far as the remote it is very slow I have to press on the button for at least one second and sometime I press a few times before it works but if I use the remote on a cheaper q7 box it respond quickly and perfect. but a wireless mouse works ok

ok, i am trying to understand the issue with the movie (i think that you have some typos in your post)

this is what i think that you are saying:

you have a video (horrible bosses 2) on your network drive

the video has no sound when played on the 582

it plays ok on a ps3 and on a pc

you have no sound on any video on the 582 until you delete the "horrible bosses 2" video from the network drive

if that is true, then perhaps you have another process in the background that has ownership of the sound device and it is not sharing with the video player

try renaming the "horrible bosses 2" video on the network drive instead of deleting it to see what happens