Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rbrt

Media in Full HD?

Hi!

new to this, just bought an ATV1800E today and set it up.

even though I changed the display settings to 1080p/60 I can't seem to figure out why Youtube and Netflix don't stream in full HD (only in 720p) and it isn't the video, I've tried the same videos on my PC that streams in 1080p

What's going on here? is there a setting I'm missing?

Thanks for any help with this!

Hi!

new to this, just bought an ATV1800E today and set it up.

even though I changed the display settings to 1080p/60 I can't seem to figure out why Youtube and Netflix don't stream in full HD (only in 720p) and it isn't the video, I've tried the same videos on my PC that streams in 1080p

What's going on here? is there a setting I'm missing?

Thanks for any help with this!

Netflix is not currently in HD, not even 720P on the ATV1800E. It upscales very well but the resolution is not HD nor is it in FULL HD. We have waited for this forever but it seems that this will only come when the new Android Lollipop firmware is released.

I don't know if YouTube is HD ... it should be as its a GMS certified device.

so eventually HD Netflix will be available? that's dumb that the product with the words HD in the model name doesn't do HD properly...that's VERY disappointing to me.

Youtube does only 720p (when you go to the option on a video and select quality)

Because Netflix sees the Mygica as what it is, an android device. It thinks it's a phone or dinky little 10" tablet. Stream a movie and it does HD properly, throw in a memory stick and it does HD properly. It's Netflix' problem not Mygica.

Because Netflix sees the Mygica as what it is, an android device. It thinks it's a phone or dinky little 10" tablet. Stream a movie and it does HD properly, throw in a memory stick and it does HD properly. It's Netflix' problem not Mygica.

Remember that DRM and licensing will be required but Mygica said that we will get Netflix in HD.

I already know of other Android devices / media players that plays Netflix in FULL HD so the Netflix argument doesn't work for me. See this thread for more information where it was stated that we will get Netflix in HD from Mygica on the quad core models.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1847&start=0

I hope we will get it in Android Lollipop, as its a TV operating system on Android, similar to the Google Nexus Player that is also Android.