Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FlyByNight

Difference between ATV1800e versions?

I'm looking to upgrade from my ATV1200 to the ATV1800e and understand that there are different versions out there and I want to ensure I get the newest one, which I've seen sometimes advertised as the 2015 model, but not always. Is there a way to tell the difference? I don't want to get stuck with something from older stock. I see that The Source is now selling the 1800e, but sure what version it is.... being The Source I would think it is likely new stock and if I don't like it at least I can return it easily. :D

All comments welcome!

FBN

I'm looking to upgrade from my ATV1200 to the ATV1800e and understand that there are different versions out there and I want to ensure I get the newest one, which I've seen sometimes advertised as the 2015 model, but not always. Is there a way to tell the difference? I don't want to get stuck with something from older stock. I see that The Source is now selling the 1800e, but sure what version it is.... being The Source I would think it is likely new stock and if I don't like it at least I can return it easily. :D

All comments welcome!

FBN

I have the 2015 edition and from what I can tell it has dual band wifi instead of just the 2.5 ghz. It also has bluetooth built-in. I believe the first 2014 editions did not but the later 2014 ones did. That's pretty much it.

I looked for the 2015 edition logo on the packaging when buying. I also just noticed that the newest 2015 edition comes with a remote that also has a keyboard on the back of it. However, it could be the supplier repackaging and putting their own remote in.

Thanks xxbxx! This is helpful.... The one advertised on-line at the source does make mention of dual band wifi (2.4 & 5 GHz) and bluetooth and also states the remote has mouse function, whatever that means, but unfortunately it doesn't have a photo of the remote so no idea if it has the keyboard. No picture of the package, so no idea if it has the 2015 logo on it.

FBN

Thanks xxbxx! This is helpful.... The one advertised on-line at the source does make mention of dual band wifi (2.4 & 5 GHz) and bluetooth and also states the remote has mouse function, whatever that means, but unfortunately it doesn't have a photo of the remote so no idea if it has the keyboard. No picture of the package, so no idea if it has the 2015 logo on it.

FBN

I just went to 'The Source' website and with the information they've provided, it is safe to say it is the 2015 edition. There is no mention of a keyboard on the remote though. The 'mouse function' means that you can move a mouse cursor around the screen with a directional pad on the remote. It is REALLY cumbersome to use that function. I bought a wireless keyboard w/ integrated mousepad to use with my 1800 box.

To be honest, if you don't care for the 5Ghz band and built in bluetooth, then it doesn't matter.

I also use a keyboard with integrated touchpad with my ATV1200. I would like to have the 5 GHz WiFi and Bluetooth and possibly the new KR-40 remote, just to try it out.... but if I find it a pain to use, I will likely just get another touchpad keyboard. Anyway, I've ordered it from The Source and should have it in a couple of days.

FBN

The unit did come with the KR-40 remote and has bluetooth and dualband WiFi. However, the box makes no mention of it being the 2015 version, but it clearly is.... It also came with very buggy firmware! Not a good thing to say the least.... I may be sending it back for full refund if they don't have a fix soon.

Oh, as for the remote, I don't mind the keyboard on the back, but the mouse is too slow.

FBN