Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lifeisfun

Received today, disappointed, hyper remote...

Received 582, my immediate thoughts....

The remote is brutal, notoriously jumps twice instead of moving only to the next item.

Impossible to navigate with this remote in stock android launcher.

Still hate the MyGica customized launcher and settings, installed android launcher instead.

Why is not Gotham 13 installed is also puzzling.

Update:

I'm once again disappointed by this device

New remote is as useless as the older style, no Rewind Forward Play Stop and Pause buttons. Those numbers provided are useless!

If you don't include these buttons on your remote why don't you allow remapping those useless number commands go additional features in XBMC so Universal remote users can enjoy full XBMC experience? flirc will fix all that but why purchase another IR receiver, and spend couple hours to get it working just right if there is build in IR receiver on the device already? ...

Loose the preinstalled apps, we can install what we need our self.

Iff you refuse to give up on your launcher why don't you let us customize it? If you uninstall app like amazon, facebook, netflix why they leave shortcuts on the front screen?!

I hope updates will improve this box.

Received 582, my immediate thoughts....

The remote is brutal, notoriously jumps twice instead of moving only to the next item.

Impossible to navigate with this remote in stock android launcher.

Still hate the MyGica customized launcher and settings, installed android launcher instead.

Why is not Gotham 13 installed is also puzzling.

Update:

I'm once again disappointed by this device

New remote is as useless as the older style, no Rewind Forward Play Stop and Pause buttons. Those numbers provided are useless!

If you don't include these buttons on your remote why don't you allow remapping those useless number commands go additional features in XBMC so Universal remote users can enjoy full XBMC experience? flirc will fix all that but why purchase another IR receiver, and spend couple hours to get it working just right if there is build in IR receiver on the device already? ...

Loose the preinstalled apps, we can install what we need our self.

Iff you refuse to give up on your launcher why don't you let us customize it? If you uninstall app like amazon, facebook, netflix why they leave shortcuts on the front screen?!

I hope updates will improve this box.

-Numbers on the remote control work with custom applications, such as Live TV apps. Re-mapping of the keys is available to vendors which have custom applications.

-Notoriously jump issue with the Remote, we haven't heard of this issue, could it be your buttons are stuck?

-Gotham 13.1 is available from xbmc.org and it works good with atv 582 however the issue it doesnt support many add-ons which the 12.2 supports all of them.

-you can pause/play with ok button, rewind/fast-forward with the arrows.

-we have a dedicated XBMC only remote coming next month which will have all XBMC functions however its not design for Android functions.

-we find most customers want certain applications preloaded, if you dont like them you can always uninstall them

-you can download free launchers from the Google Play Store if you do not like the pre installed one. Or we just posted a windows 8 theme launcher and we plan to release a default android launcher (we just released a new firmware for ATV 12000 with 2 preinstalled launchers). We will start posting more new Launchers for customers to download and use, just to give everyone more options.

- As for the Mygica Launcher, the icons will still be there even if you uninstall the app the icon is for, as this is the design of the Launcher,

No the buttons on remote are not stuck it just likes to jump twice in XBMC.

I did install stock android launcher but it is impossible to navigate in it using remote. (buttons needed would be keyboard F R T L W S page up page down O Tab)

Can you provide me some support how to remap those number keys to direct xbmc functions on keyboard like subs on/off, watched and so on so I don't have to use flirc?

Thanks

I don't have issues with turning on the unit but it does crash the netflix app, also netflix doesnt work with the current remote and when playing videos it just doesn't work it showsscrambled video, i have to press "home" and access the app again around 2 or 3 times before it works correctly, (internet speed around 11mbps), already updated netflix and xbmc to 13.x, xbmc works great but i dont like the lack of pause / play / stop buttons .

i bought it for the netflix compability (having netflix and xbmc in the same box) ..... i'm starting to regret it

forgot to mention, how do you use the cast application under settings ??? whenever i click it always returns me to the main menu.....

We just got a new Firmware update for the ATV 582 this morning. We are currently testing it, once approved, it will be released.

Its supposed to fix the following

- OS is more quick

- remote not so sensitive. (This should fix the remote from skipping twice, sorry about the response I gave before on this, it was the first complaint we got about it, so I guess the engineers were aware of this already)

- LED light is red when stand by.. change to blue when turn on box

- Fixed turning on/off the box with the remote... (We have tried this ourselves since this morning, works great)

- deleted VST app and launcher

-Amazon app at top of my gica launcher changed to Skype

- You now have the choice between 3 Android Launchers, you can choose from the MyGica Launcher, the Official Android Launcher, and the Mediabox Launcher which is Windows 8 Themed.

For those of you which like all the menus pre set, and easy to use with an IR remote, we suggest the Mygica or Mediabox launcher, for those of you which use a Mouse/Keyboard and like your Home screen to be customized yourself, then we suggest using the Android Launcher.

I have the ATV582 and have the same problems with the remote. Sometimes it doesn't register a click other times it clicks twice. Also I miss the page up and down from the 1200.

The most annoying part is not being able to turn on the unit with the remote. Hopefully a firmware will come out soon to fix this.

I had issues with xbmc 12.2 crashing all the time and stretching and cropping 2.35 aspect ratio movies so I installed 13.0 and it seems to work better. I am currently using 13.1 RC and it seems a bit better. Still a lot of crashes especially when just launching the app, but when it works it is great.

We will be including Gotham pre installed with a new firmware update soon for the ATV 582. The Mygica engineers are working on a modified version of XBMC Gotham to work best with the ATV 582 and should include hardware decoding for 4K/2K content.

No the buttons on remote are not stuck it just likes to jump twice in XBMC.

I did install stock android launcher but it is impossible to navigate in it using remote. (buttons needed would be keyboard F R T L W S page up page down O Tab)

Can you provide me some support how to remap those number keys to direct xbmc functions on keyboard like subs on/off, watched and so on so I don't have to use flirc?

Thanks

I made a new post in regards to your remote issues with a new firmware update we will have soon.

The stock android launcher is meant for touch screen devices, so to use it properly for a Android box, we suggest using a Mouse, or Gyro Mouse/Keyboard remote, it will make using this launcher much easier for you.

We cannot provide support on re-mapping the keys on the remote, as this needs to be modified by the engineers and installed into the firmware, and since none of the buttons on the remote are labelled for the functions you are requesting, they wont do this, since it will be to confusing for customers, and they wont want multiple firmware files to be available to the public.

Your request for this is the first one we have ever had from a retail customer, we have had these requests before, but only from OEM customers.

forgot to mention, how do you use the cast application under settings ??? whenever i click it always returns me to the main menu.....

Are you referring to Miracast?

I don't have issues with turning on the unit but it does crash the netflix app, also netflix doesnt work with the current remote and when playing videos it just doesn't work it showsscrambled video, i have to press "home" and access the app again around 2 or 3 times before it works correctly, (internet speed around 11mbps), already updated netflix and xbmc to 13.x, xbmc works great but i dont like the lack of pause / play / stop buttons .

i bought it for the netflix compability (having netflix and xbmc in the same box) ..... i'm starting to regret it

To try and fix the Netflix app, try uninstalling it and re-installing it again, see if this helps from it crashing.

Please note the Netflix app that is installed and available from Google Play store, is meant for Mobile and Tablet touch screen devices, so some of the menu functions may not work properly, since they are meant to be used by Touch screen devices.

We are working on getting Netflix to make a new app to work properly for our Mygica Android boxes which use an IR Remote control, which would be similar to how you use it on a Roku or Apple TV, since Netflix made there app work properly for those boxes, this will take some time to do though.

yes, miracast... under settings i click on miracast and goes directly to the main page, dont know if it crashes or not, i have a nexus 5 and doesnt detect the device to stream to.

yes, miracast... under settings i click on miracast and goes directly to the main page, dont know if it crashes or not, i have a nexus 5 and doesnt detect the device to stream to.

We will be adding Miracast soon, it will be done with an Android App.

This feature is available now on our 4.2 Update for some of our Dual Core models.

We are just waiting on the engineers to get it working with the Quad Core models.