Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FlyByNight

New ATV1800e and not impressed!

Dear MyGica Support,

I've had an ATV1200 for almost two years now and have done many updates and have seen some improvements with the each firmware version and have recommended this model to my friends, it is still not perfect but is works well enough.

So, I ordered a new ATV1800e and received it yesterday, thinking it would be better than the ATV1200. Well right out of the box the Netflix didn't work after I input my username and password, did a factory reset and the same thing happened again. Called the MyGica help line and was told I needed to update Netflix from the Play Store and after doing that I was able to get it launched, however I find that the video is jerky at times on Netflix, something I don't see on my ATV1200. I’m connected with the Ethernet cable to the ATV1800e and the Speedtest on the box tells me that I'm getting over 90 Mbps download and over 10 Mbps upload, so the connection is not the problem.

I also noticed that if a do a hard power down of the ATV1800e, by holding down the power button on the box a few seconds, the box does power down, but it cannot be powered up again from the physical button on the box. The only way to get it to power up again is to unplug it from the AC, wait a few seconds and plug it back in. My old 1200 can be powered down by holding down the front button on the box and repowered again with the same button.... but not the 1800e.

Not able to use the ATV1800e on my Dell Monitor which supports 720p. I use the monitor so that when setting up my ATV1200 I don't have to tie up a TV in the house when doing it. I thought I'd do the same with the new box. Well I thought maybe the 1800e had been set up for 1080p from the factory, so hooked it up to a TV and changed the screen settings to disable automatic HDMI and forced it to 720p. Then hooked it back up to my Dell Monitor and still nothing but a blank screen.

I've not reflashed the firmware to the new March 31 version; because I've read on the forum of all of the problems it has created and thought I would leave it at the factory version up till a fix has been issued.... but that is taking a long time it seems. The version from the factory in my box is 20150321 (as I recall), only days before the March 31 version.

What’s my next step? Pack it up back into the box and send it back and buy something else? Not impressed with this product! You will be losing a good customer and spokesmen for your product, as I honestly would not recommend it to anyone right now.

FBN

Just to add to my displeasure with this product, just realized last night that the optical out doesn't work! It will not output any sound to my sound system and the transmitter LED is not lit. My 1200 works fine and just swapped it out with the 1800 and nothing. I've gone through all the settings I can find on the 1800 and nothing works. Not sure at this point if it is a firmware issue or hardware.

I will start another thread about this issue and hopefully the MyGica Mods / Support will not ignore it like they have this one.

FBN

Dear MyGica Support,

I've had an ATV1200 for almost two years now and have done many updates and have seen some improvements with the each firmware version and have recommended this model to my friends, it is still not perfect but is works well enough.

So, I ordered a new ATV1800e and received it yesterday, thinking it would be better than the ATV1200. Well right out of the box the Netflix didn't work after I input my username and password, did a factory reset and the same thing happened again. Called the MyGica help line and was told I needed to update Netflix from the Play Store and after doing that I was able to get it launched, however I find that the video is jerky at times on Netflix, something I don't see on my ATV1200. I’m connected with the Ethernet cable to the ATV1800e and the Speedtest on the box tells me that I'm getting over 90 Mbps download and over 10 Mbps upload, so the connection is not the problem.

I also noticed that if a do a hard power down of the ATV1800e, by holding down the power button on the box a few seconds, the box does power down, but it cannot be powered up again from the physical button on the box. The only way to get it to power up again is to unplug it from the AC, wait a few seconds and plug it back in. My old 1200 can be powered down by holding down the front button on the box and repowered again with the same button.... but not the 1800e.

Not able to use the ATV1800e on my Dell Monitor which supports 720p. I use the monitor so that when setting up my ATV1200 I don't have to tie up a TV in the house when doing it. I thought I'd do the same with the new box. Well I thought maybe the 1800e had been set up for 1080p from the factory, so hooked it up to a TV and changed the screen settings to disable automatic HDMI and forced it to 720p. Then hooked it back up to my Dell Monitor and still nothing but a blank screen.

I've not reflashed the firmware to the new March 31 version; because I've read on the forum of all of the problems it has created and thought I would leave it at the factory version up till a fix has been issued.... but that is taking a long time it seems. The version from the factory in my box is 20150321 (as I recall), only days before the March 31 version.

What’s my next step? Pack it up back into the box and send it back and buy something else? Not impressed with this product! You will be losing a good customer and spokesmen for your product, as I honestly would not recommend it to anyone right now.

FBN

I was initially super excited when this box arrived. The problems/issues quickly mounted. Not enough to make the box inoperable but things that are annoying. I won't list them here as I've already mentioned them in other posts.

I started talking with colleagues/friends that have other devices and they have issues too but not the basic ones that a lot of us are having problems with. Where it hurts is that this box is the most expensive one...this is what I cannot swallow. In North America, the acceptable norm is higher cost = better quality but this is certainly not the case here.

I'm glad that I have a year to return this product but I haven't completely given up yet. I am still hoping that there will be another update and if that doesn't show up or greatly improve the stability of this product, then it will go back and I will be more careful shopping next time.

I've read that those mini PCs are similar in price and are much better and run Windows...

Not really happy with my recent purchase of the 1800e either ,have purchased 2 in the past w/KR60 remotes for friends and have had no issues. The one i got recently (besides the issues i have w/KR40 remote), R/W/Y RCA out do not work and i need them unfortunately. I have a 1200 also that i have beat the crap out of and it still works great. Purchased another brand this week also that kicks the 1800e's ass

I have to agree with the original poster.

I have been waiting for months on end for a new firmware update (did not get the March31 update) as I also have read about all the problems it caused.

Finally, today, I decided to try out for myself and upgrade to the march 31 firmware. And boy was I wrong.

Video/Audio issues when playing any type of Video file does not work, Can only get audio through optical and audio does not sync with Video.

Just bought a ATV 1800E box, 2015 edition, it worked well at the store using the hard wiring, but at home were I have very good wireless connection, it hasn't worked. When I first plugged it ion I was able to view limited apps but now I am seeing nothing. It searches then says "unable to find server" HELP

All of you poster's are correct. It is the end of the line for Mygica product's. Junk, and no real support. Wait a minute, don't these boxes have OTA updating. Oh, sorry, that doesn't work. Bluetooth, what is that? Oh, forgot, you have to buy a newer box! Wait, the newer boxes will be junk as well.

Time to discontinue your product line, Matricom!