Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mygica582-and-me

myGica582 firmware upgrade STOPPED part way through!

I tried the upgrade process and successfully went from the stock build number V001M801_20140925 to update_Mygica_ATV582_20141024.img.

I use the external usb flash as the location.

I the tried to move to the "MyGica_ATV1800E_ATV582_Software_20141105" by extracting everything in the zip file onto the usb flash and ran the software update program again. This time I had to press the menu button on the remote 8 times before I could see the update in the software updater program. It ran, but seems to have stopped at about the 80% mark. 45 minutes now.

Anyone with some advice on this? Im going out to get a microsd incase I need it, before the stores close.

UPDATE:

I waited a few hours and then loaded the qliching update onto my new 16gig microSD card and inserted it into the myGica 582 then unplugged the power and reconnected power. It booted backing the update progress bar and completed after a few minutes.....whew! :)

UPDATE:

I waited a few hours and then loaded the qliching update onto my new 16gig microSD card and inserted it into the myGica 582 then unplugged the power and reconnected power. It booted backing the update progress bar and completed after a few minutes.....whew! :)

Its the dalvik cache that sometimes are in use - the best way is like you have expereinced is a reboot.

Thanks.

Hi

I tried to do update on Mygica ATV582 and it started all fine and then the screen just froze and update stopped working.. I tried to restart the box and it just comes back to recovery screen and cant boot up... please help to get this sorted...

Hi

I tried to do update on Mygica ATV582 and it started all fine and then the screen just froze and update stopped working.. I tried to restart the box and it just comes back to recovery screen and cant boot up... please help to get this sorted...

Hi

You can try this

I have been uploading all my zip files of factory restore cards onto my onedrive. I keep them updated for the most part and I will keep putting them up until they are all there.

http://bit.ly/mygicafiles

If you have any problem downloading them, or you need different files, let me know.

You can also give out this link to customers who need these same files.

quad core video;

the 585, 582, the reset button is on the bottom.

1900 is on the back of the unit