Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jyxjyx

Can no longer enter recovery mode

Hello, I recently tried to "downgrade" my ATV520 running Android 4.2 to 4.1 as the version that it was running on was "laggier" than my friend's unit running on 4.1, when I stream videos, video and audio was also always off-synced to the point that I got annoyed. Anyway this is what happened:

I first tried "updating" the spi file in Android and it was installed in recovery mode, however without installing the firmware I selected the option to restart, and upon restart I was no longer able to enter recovery mode via the reset button anymore... I would press and hold the reset button and wait until the "Android robot screen" shows up, normally it would take a couple seconds before it changes to another screen but now it will only stay for approximately 1 second and it would go into Android directly. Luckily it is still usable and is still running 4.2, but I am wondering if I am SOL if I ever wanted to upgrade/downgrade again?

Thanks.

We will be releasing upgrade files to 4.2 for the 520E soon

You can try using the image file that's included with it to upgrade your 520E, since your unit is already upgraded to 4.2 this might work.

However since we have never sold or imported 520E's into north America running 4.2 we are not 100 percent sure about this working.

You must have purchased it from an overseas seller, since it came with 4.2.

We suggest emailing support@mygica.com in china to see if the new file we are releasing will work with the version of 4.2 that's installed on your 520E.

I wish I could give you a better answer, however I can only help you based on the firmware thats pre installed and sold with the Mygica models that we import ourselves into North America.

A lot of overseas sellers sell the same models as we do, however they might include different firmware that's made for the country they are selling it from.