Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lucks1

New 582

Hey guys, I'm new to the site, I have owned a 520e unit that worked very well and recently picked up the 582 but I have been having nothing but problems and almost regret getting it over the minix. The unit constantly freezes (with xbmc) , and I have to pull out the power, becomes choppy/laggy even though it is a quad core unit. I even went as far as removing the launcher I put on and was still having those problems. And don't get me started on the remote, the first one worked so much better (520e). Hopefully you will have a fix soon or else I will have to return the unit for the 2nd time. And you should not have on your website that it is preloaded with Xbmc Gotham as it is still Frodo. (false advertising). Thanks

Hey guys, I'm new to the site, I have owned a 520e unit that worked very well and recently picked up the 582 but I have been having nothing but problems and almost regret getting it over the minix. The unit constantly freezes (with xbmc) , and I have to pull out the power, becomes choppy/laggy even though it is a quad core unit. I even went as far as removing the launcher I put on and was still having those problems. And don't get me started on the remote, the first one worked so much better (520e). Hopefully you will have a fix soon or else I will have to return the unit for the 2nd time. And you should not have on your website that it is preloaded with Xbmc Gotham as it is still Frodo. (false advertising). Thanks

We will be posting a new Firmware update soon, which should solve your isses with your unit being choppy/laggy, and also your remote issues.

Our next firmware update after this will have XBMC Gotham pre installed onto it, they are finishing up work on there own version of Gotham, sorry for the confusion in regards to the specs listed on our site, it was a last minute decision to put Frodo rather then Gotham, since there version of Gotham was not ready yet, and also since not all add ons are supported yet on Gotham.

Thanks for the info, what kind of time frame are we looking at a few days, or a few weeks?

Should be posted up before the middle of next week.

i think there was an option to backup the settings in xbmc openelec, probably this should have it too...

Backup the database isn't the problem, but get your sources/passwords and plugins back is PITA

Just out of curiosity, will those updates save all previous settings ?

I would hate to redo my XBMC setup

Since this is a brand new box, which will be having a lot of new firmware updates coming out for it in the coming months.

Some will require you to re install everything, and some wont. It really depends on what changes/fixes have been made to the firmware.

We find for XBMC for all your add ons, using XBMC backup works great, just it wont backup your user data, however if you use File Manager you can copy and paste your User Data folder onto an SD card, and copy and paste it back after you have installed the new firmware update.

I use xbmc backup but it will not backup your network sources and login credentials.

Please make sure that you advice us how each upgrade will affect the system.

I use xbmc backup but it will not backup your network sources and login credentials.

Please make sure that you advice us how each upgrade will affect the system.

We will do that for sure.

We are also currently working on offering over the air updates soon for the 582 , as well as the 1800E when it becomes available.