Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ninja

Problem with finding video

Hey All,

I have been searching the net for a solution for a problem I have been having... I really hope SOMEONE can help me.

I have set up my unit *520e and have can get it to work just fine sometimes.

When I add new files to the Videos directory on my desktop my device does not always see them. I can manually play them from using a thumb drive but what would be the point of that.

I think it might have something to do with permission settings as the title works when I thumb drive them.

Any HELP would be useful

When you say "desktop", do you mean sharing a video file from your "desktop computer"?

If that's what you meant. The built in movie player will only read files on "local drive", which means on your TV Box, SD card, or USB drive.

If you want to play a video from a shared folder on your desktop computer.

What you should do is to install something like MX Player (This is one app you should install anyways, cos it is the swiss army knife to play all video formats.

You should also install ES File Explorer. Set up ES file explorer to be able to read files from your shared drive on your desktop computer.

After that you can use ES file explorer to select the video and play it using MX Player. :D

THanks for the quick response I am currently using xbmc (both Kodi and Frodo) .

I can find most files but not all of them. I can play the same files if I connect them using a thumb drive so I am thinking that it is not a file player problem.

I can play other files on the desktop computer but not all the files and I can;t seem to find the common thread.