Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

slickshellz

still no update for atv582

ranting will get you no where it will be released when they are ready not on your demand

I have one issues with there s/w and that's the on/off so I unplug it when not in use

what issues are you having

I tried updating the firmware but doing it via the software doesn't work. Do I need to hold the reset button on the bottom of the unit? We need some instructions on loading the new firmware.

How do you turn this off or reboot without the remote? Just pull the power from the main screen? I don't like to do that because there is no feedback from the lights of software activity, I assume the flashing light is network activity?

Hi, my first post and should be my first experience tonight with the atv582 !

First thanks for the new update for the atv582. From reading the installation instructions from the other units and the information along with the update file, I assume we store the .img file on an SD card, and then run the update app and select the .img file ?

Thanks Justin,

Can you provide step by step instructions on upgrading the firmware. I want to make sure I do it properly.

Also is there a way to do a factory reset? I have tried selecting it from the settings menu but it only reboots. It does not remove installed apps. It does not delete google account informaiton, it does not remove VPN settings.

I found what looks like a hardware reset pin hole on the bottom, but it does not seem to do anything either.

Thanks!

Sorry guys I will be posting up a PDF file for download with upgrade instructions.

To factory reset, go into the settings menu, and the last menu in there, you should see a menu option for "More Settings", click on this and you will be taken to a advanced settings screen, which should have the option to backup and reset or factory reset your box.

Also the reset pin hole on the bottom does work, just requires you to hold it down, plug in the power, and until you see the Android robot, do not let go, this will take you into the recovery screen, from here you can do a "Hard Factory Reset"

How do you turn this off or reboot without the remote? Just pull the power from the main screen? I don't like to do that because there is no feedback from the lights of software activity, I assume the flashing light is network activity?

I'm sorry but I do not fully understand your question about turning off the box?

And yes the flashing light would be network activity.

Sorry guys I had to take down the download for the ATV 582 Firmware update

There is a different procedure to load this file, plus about another 12 files that go with it.

This will require a "How to Video" for this upgrading procedure, which I will push to have this made tonight and posted tomorrow

Sorry about this, but there were a lot more changes made to the OS then we thought, and this upgrade will be a similar procedure to how we update our Dual Core models to 4.2.

"To factory reset, go into the settings menu, and the last menu in there, you should see a menu option for "More Settings", click on this and you will be taken to a advanced settings screen, which should have the option to backup and reset or factory reset your box."

Nope, doesn't work for me. It does ask me to erase everything and that it can not be undone, but it just reboots with everything in tact. Does this work for anyone else with an ATV582?

"Also the reset pin hole on the bottom does work, just requires you to hold it down, plug in the power, and until you see the Android robot, do not let go, this will take you into the recovery screen, from here you can do a "Hard Factory Reset"

Nope, doesn't work for me either. I used to have an ATV1200 and this method worked on that device, but not on the ATV582. I have tried over a dozen times and it just boots up normally. I can feel the click when I push a pin in the reset hole, so I know mechanically it works, but it just does not ever come up with an android robot. Does this work for anyone else?

Ok I will take these suggestions into consideration, and pass them along to be fixed in an update.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Hey Justin, following up with you as to when this update will become available. I'm at the point where I want to smash this unit. Pardon my frustration but it seems to be getting worse day by day. Freezing for no reason, or if I'm in Xbmc and am searching for a movie it freezes. I could be on the main menu looking at different option and it will freeze. It's gone from occasional freezing to now all the time. (it has also frozen after rebooting, as in I haven't done anything.) I am quite amazed at the fact the unit was allowed to leave the facility. As for now, the unit sits on my TV Stand as a very hot (gets very warm after a while) paper weight. (a very expensive paper weight)

Hey Justin, following up with you as to when this update will become available. I'm at the point where I want to smash this unit. Pardon my frustration but it seems to be getting worse day by day. Freezing for no reason, or if I'm in Xbmc and am searching for a movie it freezes. I could be on the main menu looking at different option and it will freeze. It's gone from occasional freezing to now all the time. (it has also frozen after rebooting, as in I haven't done anything.) I am quite amazed at the fact the unit was allowed to leave the facility. As for now, the unit sits on my TV Stand as a very hot (gets very warm after a while) paper weight. (a very expensive paper weight)

What xbmc version are you using what else did you install?

Are you by any chance using the metro launcher? I had stability problems when I had it set as default.

I'm using Frodo 12.2, removed simple launcher so there is nothing but stock on it. I've requested the Dropbox link as I can figure out how to install myself but haven't received any information from Justin. As of right now the worst decision I made, I feel like I should have gone for the new minix x8

Did you consider removing frodo and downloading gotham 13.1

I'm sure Justin will get back to you.

I just extracted all files to root on external microsd (do not leave it in folder)

The update app found the update, confirm that you want to update and that's it.