Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ultimate

Bricked V520

Sorry I posted the question in another thread but I think it was the wrong section so I post it here again.

I was following the steps in viewtopic.php?f=94&t=1665 to upgrade my V520 from 4.1.2 to 4.2

Pressed the upgrade button and plug in the power and still holding the upgrade button for 10 seconds. Instead of going straight to upgrade, I was given a menu to apply update (and wipe partition, information, etc...). So I chose the option to apply the update and manually choosing the update_MyGica_4.2_20140519_kr34.img. After it was finished, I chose Reboot Now and it cannot boot into the system again :(

What can I do now?

When you upgraded, did you make sure all of the files were on your SD card? I haven't done this in a while, but I don't remember a menu doing it the way you described.

factory_update_param.aml

factory_update_param.ubt

spi_MX.bin

recovery.img

update_MyGica_4.2_20140519_KR34.img

Here's a video on the proper way to upgrade. Try it, you have nothing to loose.

Yes, I have all the files on the SD card. Instead of upgrading straightaway, I was given a menu to choose. And so I chose the Update option. It was successful and I rebooted. That was it. I can't boot up Android now.

Just to add. The middle indicator light above "Status" on the front panel is lighted up red.

If your light is red, then your unit is bricked

Have you tried any of the unbricking methods posted on the forum?