Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tarabostes

Why the 520E bricks so easily?

I see a lot of reports of the 520E being bricked...

As I am speaking mostly from my experience, i can't stop asking myself: Why the 520E bricks so easily?

My update to the last (Feb 2015) went well and i used it for 3 weeks before it got bricked out of a sudden.

If there is something that I have tried during those 3 weeks, was to reset it to factory defaults as it was really slow.

All I did after was disabling apps that I didn't need and in the end it wasn't so bad.

One day I tried restarting it with the same app from the 380 (it is available on the PlayStore) then it never came back.

I had no video no matter what I tried. Couldn't get it in recovery, nothing.

The light were blue and the network light was showing network activity.

Up until that moment I rebooted it correctly many times, never pulled the power plug.

What is causing this?

I see a lot of reports of the 520E being bricked...

As I am speaking mostly from my experience, i can't stop asking myself: Why the 520E bricks so easily?

My update to the last (Feb 2015) went well and i used it for 3 weeks before it got bricked out of a sudden.

If there is something that I have tried during those 3 weeks, was to reset it to factory defaults as it was really slow.

All I did after was disabling apps that I didn't need and in the end it wasn't so bad.

One day I tried restarting it with the same app from the 380 (it is available on the PlayStore) then it never came back.

I had no video no matter what I tried. Couldn't get it in recovery, nothing.

The light were blue and the network light was showing network activity.

Up until that moment I rebooted it correctly many times, never pulled the power plug.

What is causing this?

Most of the reports of bricking are users trying to upgrade from 4.1 to 4.2

Your saying that your box just bricks on its own out of no where?

Yes, it worked fine after the update to the Feb firmware for three weeks and a half then once when i tried restarting it it never cam back, no recovery, nothing.

I have many other devices but this one seems to be the most sensitive.

I never pull the cord when powered on and if I need to unplug, I always restart and unplug as soon as the logo comes on. That's how I always did it.

Yes, it worked fine after the update to the Feb firmware for three weeks and a half then once when i tried restarting it it never cam back, no recovery, nothing.

I have many other devices but this one seems to be the most sensitive.

I never pull the cord when powered on and if I need to unplug, I always restart and unplug as soon as the logo comes on. That's how I always did it.

Sounds more like the box might just be defective, rather then just bricking on its own.

I have had a 1200 at my house do the same thing, I was able to recover it though.

Is the unit still under warranty?