Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nkdarby

My box is stuck on recovery mode?

Bought the ATV 1800 in June. Worked great! recently it has become a little slow? Something popped up saying there was an update. My husband tried to update it, then it said there wasn't enough room on it, and it crashed. It then came into recovery mode. He tried to reboot it, and it jsut went back to the same screen. He tried hard power off, and still came back to recovery mode. We scanned some topics on here and saw one to clear the data, and then do reboot, and it should work. As much as i didnt want to do this cause I guess we didn't back everyhting up (Didnt know i had too??) we did it hoping it would work, and it didn't. Still goes back to the recovery mode screen. It won't do anything else.

Is there anything else we can do?? I bought it from mygica.tv and ive sent them a message (Tried to go on their live chat whihc says its closed, even though their times say it should be open!) ive havent gotten a response from my message yet.....

We dont know alot about computers, just basic easy stuff, and all our other stuff is Apple (Iphone, Laptop, Tablet etc.) so i see all these other suggestions about downloading things, but we have no idea how to do that...

Im assuming my box is under warranty from the website as well, i jsut cant find anything about it???!!!

FYI im desperate cause this is my only tv... :P

Im also trying to do this whole "Manual update thing" where your supposed to plug in an sd card or USB to your computer, and then put the upgrade file on that, and then put it on the Gica... But my apple is not recognizing the USB from the gica, and my apple doesn't have an SD card slot....

so many issues :(