Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mygica123

ATV582 KR-60 and more

Hi - New to this forum. I purchased the ATV582 sometime last year, and used it for a while. It worked pretty good, but the remote seems to be a (not so nice ) piece of work. It has absolutely no control over, say, Netflix. Can't pause, or select movies with the remote. Am I wasting my time with this remote?

I am running the March 2015 firmware, which seems to have deactivated Netfilx XBMC (which I don't really care about) and also, looks like did the same with Playstore, although, I can get to through the apps. Can anyone recommend a remote that actually works with this box, because with the one I am using, I may as well unplug this thing and put it back in the box..

Hi - New to this forum. I purchased the ATV582 sometime last year, and used it for a while. It worked pretty good, but the remote seems to be a (not so nice ) piece of work. It has absolutely no control over, say, Netflix. Can't pause, or select movies with the remote. Am I wasting my time with this remote?

I am running the March 2015 firmware, which seems to have deactivated Netfilx XBMC (which I don't really care about) and also, looks like did the same with Playstore, although, I can get to through the apps. Can anyone recommend a remote that actually works with this box, because with the one I am using, I may as well unplug this thing and put it back in the box..

The Netflix app on the box is more meant for Touch screen devices like phones and tablets. That is why the remote does not work very well.

With these boxes you are usually better off using a Mouse/Keyboard remote.

I would suggest the KR-301 MyGica Remote for this.

When you say Netflix, XBMC and Play Store are not working, are you referring to the buttons on the remote control?

justin, just to be clear the play buttons on the 301 remote will work with kodi/netflix ? (play pause stop etc ??) also the colored buttons on the remote can they be programmed ??

also, in the description "Fast & Precise Full Motion remote is similar to Nintendo Wii remote control and its Plug N Play easy to use." also works as an airmouse ? just where you point it the mouse will go ??

edit: also forgot to ask, in the current remote that the 582 has, the remote can be programmed to function as turn on/off the tv (also volume buttons) the 301 can be programmed like the atv582 remote ? (for example those colored buttons can be programmed for this ??)

also, in the description "Fast & Precise Full Motion remote is similar to Nintendo Wii remote control and its Plug N Play easy to use." also works as an airmouse ? just where you point it the mouse will go ??

The AIrmouse Remote is a godsend for using Netflix. It's similar to using a Wii remote, the main difference being that you don't have to point it the TV to use as there's no sensor. Your wrist/hand movements will move the mouse on the TV, and you'll have the left/right click buttons to navigate.

Takes a bit of getting used to the movements - especially if you have the 'Wii' in mind when using it. But once you get used to the fact you don't have to have your arm up in the air pointed at the TV, you'll be golden.

In Kodi, when you push a button on the remote to 'wake it up', the bottom controls pop up on the screen to access the Play/Pause...

Can't answer you're other questions though. I have an older MyGica Airmouse/keyboard remote - unsure of the model off the top of my head. One drawback of the one i'm using is it can't turn on/off the box (kind of a pain), and doesn't have the 'VCR' controls on the remote itself (no means a deal breaker). I need my stock remote to do that. But again... 2014 model box/remote. Not sure if that will be an issue on the above reccommended remote model.

so it does turn on and off the mygica box ??

also the normal controls of kodi (while in video) is to wake up with the ok button and then navigate but my question is that the buttons play pause work also ?

also the normal controls of kodi (while in video) is to wake up with the ok button and then navigate but my question is that the buttons play pause work also ?

Well my Mygica Airmouse/Keyboard remote isn't the same model as the one suggested (although I looked it up and will be grabbing 2). It doesn't have a power button, or the VCR controls on the remote itself. Someone with the 301 will have to chime in.

I was more vouching for the AirMouse part working with the Netflix App.

edit - thanks Google. I have the KR-300FM.

justin, just to be clear the play buttons on the 301 remote will work with kodi/netflix ? (play pause stop etc ??) also the colored buttons on the remote can they be programmed ??

edit: also forgot to ask, in the current remote that the 582 has, the remote can be programmed to function as turn on/off the tv (also volume buttons) the 301 can be programmed like the atv582 remote ? (for example those colored buttons can be programmed for this ??)

The colored buttons we are working on an app to allow users to program these themselves

The Play/Pause button doesn't work in Netflix.

And yes it is very similar to the Nintendo Wii remote, just move the remote in your hand and the mouse moves on the screen.

No the TV button functions cannot be programmed on the KR301

The KR301 will turn on/off ATV 1800,380.582.586, 585 and ATV 1200 that uses the KR60 Remote

And yes the Play, Pause and Stop buttons work in KODI

The colored buttons we are working on an app to allow users to program these themselves

And yes it is very similar to the Nintendo Wii remote, just move the remote in your hand and the mouse moves on the screen.

im looking for a remote for TV functions (dont want to have two remotes) plus the air mouse capabilities.... will this remote work with atv 582 ?

OURSPOPĀ® New F10 Deluxe 2.4GHz

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LTG ... al_qh_dp_t

im looking for a remote for TV functions (dont want to have two remotes) plus the air mouse capabilities.... will this remote work with atv 582 ?

OURSPOPĀ® New F10 Deluxe 2.4GHz

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LTG ... al_qh_dp_t

I cannot guarantee that all the buttons will work, but if it is a 2.4ghz USB remote, then it will work on your box.

Recently (April 2016) purchased ATV600 which is supplied with KR-40 remote. As others discovered, the play/pause buttons do not work in Netflix.

Is there a fix for this? Netflix is the primary reason for the purchase.

Recently (April 2016) purchased ATV600 which is supplied with KR-40 remote. As others discovered, the play/pause buttons do not work in Netflix.

Is there a fix for this? Netflix is the primary reason for the purchase.

These buttons do not work because the Netflix app that is pre installed is from the Google Play Store, and this apps controls are mainly made for touch screen devices.