Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lifeisfun

Just updated to 0604, all good for me

I just installed the update on spare new 582

It is very easy to do, no need to push any pins just use the update app.

Be patient with the stand by it works, it will cut the HDMI immediately but it takes while for those 3 LEDs to settle down and turn to 1 red only. When the unit is on the LAN led is blinking orange and red is steady on, that doesn't make much sense but no big deal.

Like the option to use regular looking android launcher

No stability problems, but I didn't have any major problems before the update neither.

Removed Frodo XBMC and installed Gotham13.1 and restored backup from another 582box with older fw without problems.

Update:

Updated more units,

the new image wipes everything clean so make backups before upgrade

No problems updating what so ever on six of them.

The first unit updated now after 24 hours of use the LED are finally correct colors ,

blue /orange when on, red when off. Interesting how it corrected it self after 24 of use.

I cant update. Heres the message I get when clicking the download file. "The selected attachment does not exist anymore." Unreal

Hi

Not sure why you are getting that message, but here is the link to our post about the latest file

viewtopic.php?f=74&t=1591

I have tried this on 4 different computers at our office, and the download works, plus I am seeing the amount of downloads are increasing, so it must be working for everyone else still

If you still have the same problem, I can post a dropbox download link

I successfully installed the 06/13 update. Still get video stutter.

Watching a 1080 movie that is on the SD card, 1 hour 15 minutes into the movie the sound stops and the video stutters every 3 seconds or so. It's a constant stutter or jitter. Once this starts to happen I exit XBMC and try the video on the android player, also tried playing music and no audio. The video stutter happens on other players as well so it's not XBMC.

Could this be overheating? It's just sitting on a table so should be fine.

Anyone else get this behaviour? Justin, should I return this for a replacement?

I successfully installed the 06/13 update. Still get video stutter.

Watching a 1080 movie that is on the SD card, 1 hour 15 minutes into the movie the sound stops and the video stutters every 3 seconds or so. It's a constant stutter or jitter. Once this starts to happen I exit XBMC and try the video on the android player, also tried playing music and no audio. The video stutter happens on other players as well so it's not XBMC.

Could this be overheating? It's just sitting on a table so should be fine.

Anyone else get this behaviour? Justin, should I return this for a replacement?

Where are you located? I would love to check it out.

Can you post media stats on the file you using?

I'm in Toronto. Media stats? How? It doesn't matter anyway, once it starts, every movie, stream, mp3 doesn't work.

It has started on a number of movies as well. I have nto been able to watch a single movie from start to finish. To continue watching I unplug and wait. Last night I unplugged and blew on the unit to cool it down, seemed to speed up the "ready to go" time. I think the unit is f'kd..

I have read comments from a few of you in regards to problems playing 1080P content.

I will pass along these comments to get them looked at and fixed by the engineers.

Once again I am sorry for this, but as I have stated before, the best way to find and fix problems, is all from customer feedback. I may not respond to everyones post, but please know, that I read every post on our forum, and take notes on customer feedback for all models.

I'm in Toronto. Media stats? How? It doesn't matter anyway, once it starts, every movie, stream, mp3 doesn't work.

It has started on a number of movies as well. I have nto been able to watch a single movie from start to finish. To continue watching I unplug and wait. Last night I unplugged and blew on the unit to cool it down, seemed to speed up the "ready to go" time. I think the unit is f'kd..

Install Mediainfo on your pc point it to the media file and post results here

Or you can upload short sample if you want and post link here.

I've had it, I'm going to exchange this box for another.

Last night the movie stater to jitter half way through, turned it off, closed XBMX. Left the box running.

This morning ran the moive and it worked without re-booting. This points to a heat issue.

By the way, the jitter is constant and NOT random, by that I mean the video pauses for 0.2 seconds, every 3 seconds (or so).

It happens for 720, 1080, live streams, local streams, SD card files.

Music cant be heard because the sound is gone.

Once this issue starts during a movie, the cannot play anything with sound. The video format has nothing to do with this.

It is clearly a hardware issue.

As I said, I'm exchanging. I'll keep ya posted.

Last night the movie stater to jitter half way through, turned it off, closed XBMX. Left the box running.

This morning ran the moive and it worked without re-booting. This points to a heat issue.

By the way, the jitter is constant and NOT random, by that I mean the video pauses for 0.2 seconds, every 3 seconds (or so).

Once this issue starts during a movie, the cannot play anything with sound. The video format has nothing to do with this.

That's too bad, let's hope the next box will make it up to you.

I'm still having problems turning on the device with the remote. Before the update it would not turn on unless I unplugged and replugged in. The light would be red most of the time. After the update, same behaviour but light is blue instead. Anyone else have this problem?

I have tried this update on 5 different units, and do not experience this problem.

Can you please try doing a factory reset, and see if that works.

Let me know

Thanks

Sorry that this has been happening to you.

Hopefully the new one will not have these problems.