Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

steemer

New 1900AC , many issues

Just received 1900AC, not happy. Almost seems like this box was rushed. First, i lost count of how many times i had to reboot upon initial set-up due to freezing. Second, when the box is turned off i lose ethernet conn. Third, before turning off i have to remove HDMI cable or my TV will shut off. Fourth, the remote volume controls don't work. Fifth, although they seem to work OK, the HDMI/USB & SD card reader are mounted upside down? Probably has more issues but i gave up and went back to my 1800E and still working great (although a little slow) 1200.

Forgot to mention the Voice search, never really got to play with this much, when i did try it wasn't very responsive. Did try it in Kodi (15.2) , took me to internet search, is that all that it's for? I have a laptop for that. I have a number of friends that have Mygica boxes, mostly 1800e's, not one of them uses their box for searching the internet. Something else i found strange though not a problem with the box, on my 1800 in Kodi system info it says total memory of 1633MB & free memory 1012MB and memory used is 38%. On my 1900 it says total memory 1622MB and free memory 704MB and memory used is 56% ?? I have the exact same set up on both (double checked), any explanation ?

Just received 1900AC, not happy. Almost seems like this box was rushed. First, i lost count of how many times i had to reboot upon initial set-up due to freezing. Second, when the box is turned off i lose ethernet conn. Third, before turning off i have to remove HDMI cable or my TV will shut off. Fourth, the remote volume controls don't work. Fifth, although they seem to work OK, the HDMI/USB & SD card reader are mounted upside down? Probably has more issues but i gave up and went back to my 1800E and still working great (although a little slow) 1200.

We are aware of the freezing issues.

Same with the Ethernet issues

Will be fixed with an OTA Software update soon.

This is the first time I am hearing of the TV shutting off? This happens everytime?

Yes the ports are all upside down, as the PCB board is placed this way inside the casing. This is the design of the box.

Forgot to mention the Voice search, never really got to play with this much, when i did try it wasn't very responsive. Did try it in Kodi (15.2) , took me to internet search, is that all that it's for? I have a laptop for that. I have a number of friends that have Mygica boxes, mostly 1800e's, not one of them uses their box for searching the internet. Something else i found strange though not a problem with the box, on my 1800 in Kodi system info it says total memory of 1633MB & free memory 1012MB and memory used is 38%. On my 1900 it says total memory 1622MB and free memory 704MB and memory used is 56% ?? I have the exact same set up on both (double checked), any explanation ?

Voice search is for internet searching and to Open apps.

We are compiling a list of commands that can be used. Will post it up once it is ready.

As for memory usage, that is the available RAM on the box.

Android 5.0 has more RAM usage.

Thanks for the response Justin, yes i have to unplug the HDMI cable if i turn off the box , wouldn't be a big deal but i have other things hooked up to TV that i use.

Here is another one. I have other android boxes that run Kit Kat 4.4.2 and they will play android Showbox and android Cartoon HD just fine. The 1900AC I have running lollipop will not run either of those apks. They will install, they will open, they will populate with available shows, but when I try to start a show, the spinning Icon just spins and spins and spins and the show never starts. My old box with Kit Kat starts the show within seconds.

Is there a software fix for the ethernet issues posted for the 1900AC?

Box has to be hard booted almost every time on start up to get internet connection

Apps won't load into video add-ons after installing plugin.

thks

jon