Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bbq_tom

Google Play Store not working

Hello, I just received my ATV 1900AC and while getting the feel for things I have tried to install a few apps from Google Play. However, whenever I click on Install Google Play just shuts down and I am brought back to the home screen.

I have tried power cycling the device and the problem persists.

I have tried killing the Google Play process, clearing the data, power cycling the device, and the problem persists.

Any help on how to get Google Play working would be appreciated.

Thanks.

- Tom

Thank you.

Switching to wireless did the trick. It also found an update for the firmware. So, naturally I installed that. However, without any warning about this at all, it totally reset my device. I had to reconfigure everything.

Is this how all firmware updates work on these devices?

Thank you.

Switching to wireless did the trick. It also found an update for the firmware. So, naturally I installed that. However, without any warning about this at all, it totally reset my device. I had to reconfigure everything.

Is this how all firmware updates work on these devices?

Sorry this Firmware update did a reset.

Future updates should not do this, as I have told our engineers to stop doing this.

Hi,

I have the same issue with my 1900. I have tried to resolve the problem by switching to WIFI, but still I am not able to install or update apps from the PlayStore. When I click on install or update it just brings me back to the home screen. Please advise.

I am also having the same problem. When I access Google Play, I am pushed back to the Home screen. As well, the Voice Commands do not work. This happened once before, had to do a Factory Reset and loaded all apps back on.

Eric

This is fixed in the OTA update that we will be starting on Friday or Saturday

what version kodi will be in it can you please have one for version 14.2 and other one for newer kodi

will new fix fix mag addon ?

This is fixed in the OTA update that we will be starting on Friday or Saturday

what version kodi will be in it can you please have one for version 14.2 and other one for newer kodi

will new fix fix mag addon ?

We are moving to KODI 15.2 Playstore version.

If you still have 14.2 then you can use it with that still.

And yes Mag TV support will be added.

Same problem here - Google play store doesn't work. Tried everything and more.

Which version of FW are you running?

We are on 11/10/2015 right now, and I have not had any reports of the Playstore on this version

We are on 11/10/2015 right now, and I have not had any reports of the Playstore on this version

I would like to report one then.

Brand new today, all updates done, playstore worked before any updates, has not worked since. Currently on 11/10/2015, same behaviour, it comes up for about two seconds then back to home screen.

Pity, on paper this box was exactly what I wanted, streaming AU commercial channels, local catchup TV (AU) through Kodi or Android apps, kodi for local media from my nas all with a simple easy to use remote. I wanted something to cut the number of boxes down that are plugged into my TV and the number of remotes required.

Thus far I have SD Netflix, Kodi and catchup TV through Kodi working. You Tube is working again after latest updates, redbull tv has been fine all the way, Stan and Presto apps for local streaming content not working at all (the issue is their badly written apps I am sure). For some reason You Tube fills the top bar with recommendations that I cant scroll down to remove, even with a wireless mouse and keyboard.

There is also some dodgy chinese app that keeps coming back that seems to have permission to do whatever it wants and I cant kill it, delete it or get rid of it. Perhaps this is causing the appstore issue. No idea where it came from, it is running as a system app and has permissions to read contacts, access GPS, change system settings, read contacts, read sensitive logs, change network connectivity, record audio, delete my SD card and prevent the devide from sleeping. That is malware as far as I am concerned. I will try a factory reset and see what it does....if I cant get rid of it, game over, cash wasted, device will be binned.

I would like to report one then.

Brand new today, all updates done, playstore worked before any updates, has not worked since. Currently on 11/10/2015, same behaviour, it comes up for about two seconds then back to home screen.

Pity, on paper this box was exactly what I wanted, streaming AU commercial channels, local catchup TV (AU) through Kodi or Android apps, kodi for local media from my nas all with a simple easy to use remote. I wanted something to cut the number of boxes down that are plugged into my TV and the number of remotes required.

Thus far I have SD Netflix, Kodi and catchup TV through Kodi working. You Tube is working again after latest updates, redbull tv has been fine all the way, Stan and Presto apps for local streaming content not working at all (the issue is their badly written apps I am sure). For some reason You Tube fills the top bar with recommendations that I cant scroll down to remove, even with a wireless mouse and keyboard.

There is also some dodgy chinese app that keeps coming back that seems to have permission to do whatever it wants and I cant kill it, delete it or get rid of it. Perhaps this is causing the appstore issue. No idea where it came from, it is running as a system app and has permissions to read contacts, access GPS, change system settings, read contacts, read sensitive logs, change network connectivity, record audio, delete my SD card and prevent the devide from sleeping. That is malware as far as I am concerned. I will try a factory reset and see what it does....if I cant get rid of it, game over, cash wasted, device will be binned.

Can you try this

Go into apps part of the settings, and find the Play Store app. It should be listed under Running apps, or downloaded apps.

Then clear the data of the Play Store.

You will need to re login to the Playstore, but this should fix the issue.

The chinese app will be removed on next update. Sorry not sure why they added this on previous update.

Thanks, that fixed the playstore issue.

Any ETC on removing the chinese app, I dont like not knowing what it is,especially with the level of permissions it has.

Thanks, that fixed the playstore issue.

Any ETC on removing the chinese app, I dont like not knowing what it is,especially with the level of permissions it has.

Will be removed in the next firmware update coming soon

Also, any updates on Netflix HD? lack of HD will be a show stopper for many, especially with the NVidia Shield around the same price.

Nothing to report on right now