Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

goug

September 2015 firmware update?

Hi , i see there is a new update for the ATV582 on the main website listed date is 20150911 can you please post a link here for it? The website download is VERY slow for me. Also this new update is not showing up in the auto update of the device. when i try to manually force an update it says im running the latest version, but it clearly states in "about device" im using the July 2015 update :shock:

any improvements on network or wifi?

Not yet

That's too bad. That's one of my biggest complaints about the Gica box so far (and i've had it for about a year)... the network is VERY unreliable. The WiFi seems to connect alright, but then there's no internet connection... pretty crappy. I see this when i'm trying to connect to the Play Store or trying to stream Netflix... it just spins and then times out... no network connection. For the most part, i just use my WD Live and my Gica box has become a glorified paperweight (with a little blue light on it)... is this faulty h/w or is this a s/w problem? (and i KNOW it's not my WiFi network as i have MANY devices connected and they all work fine). I don't consider myself a Gica user, i consider myself a Gica (beta) product tester (which is not really something i signed up for when i bought this box)... it's really frustrating. Oh, and i have updated to the lastest September firmware (which i don't see posted officially anywhere on this forum), and it doesn't help...

any improvements on network or wifi?

Not yet

That's too bad. That's one of my biggest complaints about the Gica box so far (and i've had it for about a year)... the network is VERY unreliable. The WiFi seems to connect alright, but then there's no internet connection... pretty crappy. I see this when i'm trying to connect to the Play Store or trying to stream Netflix... it just spins and then times out... no network connection. For the most part, i just use my WD Live and my Gica box has become a glorified paperweight (with a little blue light on it)... is this faulty h/w or is this a s/w problem? (and i KNOW it's not my WiFi network as i have MANY devices connected and they all work fine). I don't consider myself a Gica user, i consider myself a Gica (beta) product tester (which is not really something i signed up for when i bought this box)... it's really frustrating. Oh, and i have updated to the lastest September firmware (which i don't see posted officially anywhere on this forum), and it doesn't help...

Justin stated in the 'Slow Connection over Wi-fi/Ethernet' thread that the issue is with the drivers from Amlogic and he is pushing every day for an update he can push out OTA.

But yes...frustrating to say the least (especially with this being prime TV season....

from the Discussion forum -

Waiting on Amlogic to re write the Ethernet and Wifi drivers, as it has been determined it is an issue from there side.

Not yet

Justin stated in the 'Slow Connection over Wi-fi/Ethernet' thread that the issue is with the drivers from Amlogic and he is pushing every day for an update he can push out OTA.

But yes...frustrating to say the least (especially with this being prime TV season....

from the Discussion forum -

Waiting on Amlogic to re write the Ethernet and Wifi drivers, as it has been determined it is an issue from there side.

Yes as I have mentioned in other threads, we are fully aware of this issue and our working with AMLogic to fix it

Hi Guys

With all this my box is still running well although sometimes it just boots out of Kodi to the main MyGica screen. I purchased several boxes because of the support and build quality, hopefully the support is on going...

Do we have a defined time that we will get the android 5+ update for our boxes, there has been plenty of teasers but no action , If one tells me a date then I can wait , or get rid of the carrot that's been put in front of us.

Waiting patiently...