Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mam125

PVR questions

Hi.

I have a MyGica ATV586, and I am still learning how to use it.

I have a few questions about PVR functions.

How do I manually set a recording program (eg. set the day, time and channel)?

The EPG for some channels only includes 1 day or 3 days (or none at all), so I want to set a recording program manually.

If this is not an included feature in the MyGica PVR program, please add it. It is really necessary.

How do I get more EPG data?

Some of the channels only have 1 day or 3 days, or none at all (eg. WWNY, channel 7.1, Watertown New York)

Is there a setting or command to get more EPG data, or can I get it through my internet connection?

Is there a better EPG program, App or Add-on i can get? (or a better PVR App?)

The PVR playback program is very basic.

The playback in Kodi is better, but still lacks a commercial-skip feature (skip ahead 30 seconds to skip a commercial)

Is there a better playback program, App or Add-on I can get?

I think I saw a VLC player in the MyGica store. Has anyone tried that? Is it good?

Thanks.

Hi.

I have a MyGica ATV586, and I am still learning how to use it.

I have a few questions about PVR functions.

How do I manually set a recording program (eg. set the day, time and channel)?

The EPG for some channels only includes 1 day or 3 days (or none at all), so I want to set a recording program manually.

If this is not an included feature in the MyGica PVR program, please add it. It is really necessary.

How do I get more EPG data?

Some of the channels only have 1 day or 3 days, or none at all (eg. WWNY, channel 7.1, Watertown New York)

Is there a setting or command to get more EPG data, or can I get it through my internet connection?

Is there a better EPG program, App or Add-on i can get? (or a better PVR App?)

The PVR playback program is very basic.

The playback in Kodi is better, but still lacks a commercial-skip feature (skip ahead 30 seconds to skip a commercial)

Is there a better playback program, App or Add-on I can get?

I think I saw a VLC player in the MyGica store. Has anyone tried that? Is it good?

Thanks.

The EPG Data comes from the actual channel, some channels only support 1 day EPG, while others support more and some do not have any EPG at all.

Titan TV offers the best EPG listings for your local area.

http://titantv.com/

They have an app for IOS Devices that you can use. For Android devices you would have to use there mobile website, after creating an account.

To manually select a recording, you can just do this via the EPG.

Will have to see if we can add the feature of just manually selecting the data, time and channel.

The commercial skipping feature I am not sure of any video players that offer this.

I have suggested that we work on a better EPG and PVR solution for the DTV Player. But these things take time to do.

For the EPG, we plan to come out with a Vertical EPG, rather then the current Horizontal EPG. This should be out within the next few months, as a new User Interface has to be created for this, and this takes time.

Better PVR Functions

VLC Player is a great Video Player since it support TS Files, which is the format that the PVR Records in.

Thanks for the feedback Justin.

How do I set a recording for a channel that has no EPG data?

If there is no EPG data, there is nothing for me to select in the EPG screen.

Some more suggestions for PVR improvements:

Ability to edit the filename of a recorded file (and/or the name of the program to record, before it is recorded).

Otherwise the recorded filenames are just a series of number (date and time I think) and it is difficult to know what file is what show.

Is it normal that the Mygica box needs to be turned on (awake mode) for a scheduled recording to record?

Other PVRs (and even old VCRs) can automatically "wake up" from sleep mode when it needs to start a programmed recording.

A lot of other PVRs have a "commercial skip" feature to skip forward 30 seconds to skip a commercial.

My 10-year-old PVR made by Pioneer has it.

The Pioneer PVR also has fast-play feature, which plays the video at about 1.5x normal speed, with the sound still playing (sound is choppy but still OK). This feature is really useful for watching slow-moving events, like soccer, football, political speeches.

Also, the fast-forward on the Mygica PVR playback could be faster. Even at the fastest FFWD speed, it takes a long time to move forward, say 10 or 20 minutes.

And, as if I haven't mentioned it, you really, really need to add the ability to set a recording program when the EPG data doesn't work, eg. enter the date, time and channel to record.

Best regards.

Some more suggestions for PVR improvements:

Ability to edit the filename of a recorded file (and/or the name of the program to record, before it is recorded).

Otherwise the recorded filenames are just a series of number (date and time I think) and it is difficult to know what file is what show.

Is it normal that the Mygica box needs to be turned on (awake mode) for a scheduled recording to record?

Other PVRs (and even old VCRs) can automatically "wake up" from sleep mode when it needs to start a programmed recording.

A lot of other PVRs have a "commercial skip" feature to skip forward 30 seconds to skip a commercial.

My 10-year-old PVR made by Pioneer has it.

The Pioneer PVR also has fast-play feature, which plays the video at about 1.5x normal speed, with the sound still playing (sound is choppy but still OK). This feature is really useful for watching slow-moving events, like soccer, football, political speeches.

Also, the fast-forward on the Mygica PVR playback could be faster. Even at the fastest FFWD speed, it takes a long time to move forward, say 10 or 20 minutes.

And, as if I haven't mentioned it, you really, really need to add the ability to set a recording program when the EPG data doesn't work, eg. enter the date, time and channel to record.

Best regards.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Will use this as ideas to make the PVR better.

Are there PVR limitations if I select US region? I have a Samsung TV that only European models can record. Is this true with the ATV586?

There should be no limitations, if you are using Unencrypted OTA Signals.

As it is the box that is doing the recording, not your TV