Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

adagre

Netflix audio out of sync/jerky playback

I've noticed even after a factory reset that Netflix playback, audio seems out of sync and motion is noticeably jerky. (Most recent app)

I've disabled any auto updating processes(google play, auto backup etc.) and such to try to see if it was a background process causing the issue, to no avail. I've setup two of these boxes with the same result on Netflix.

Any solution?

Some users have this issue.... I'm one of them. My first 1800e had such bad audio sync that Netflix was not watchable, and it also had the jerky video. That box was given to Justin and he cannot reproduce the issues. My replacement 1800 is better, but still has a slight audio sync issue, but still has the jerky video to the same degree.

It looks to be related to user accounts with Netflix, but not sure what it is.... the funny thing is that my old ATV1200 has no problems at all with Netflix and it is using the same user account.... go figure?

You could try changing the settings of your user account... Originally I had the playback settings set to "High" and Test Participation set to "On". I didn't think of changing these settings until after I got the replacement 1800, and since the audio sync issue is slight I don't know if it is making any difference. But the jerky video is not eliminated by changing any of the Netflix account settings. I currently have the settings at Playback - "Auto" and Test Participation - "Off".

FBN

Latest Netflix update has mostly resolved the audio sync issue. However still get the odd stutter in video like something is accessing or tying up memory in the box every 15 seconds.