Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PolyWogg

Disappearing ethernet

So I got my MyGica ATV 1800e Quad Core about a month ago, and hooked it up two weeks ago. Wifi doesn't seem to want to read my network for some reason, other devices can but it's not a great location, so no biggie. I had a basement reno done last year and had then run ethernet all over the place before closing up, so I have a full ethernet cable in my living room, just used that.

I connected, did initial setup, updated the firmware, everything ran fine. Tried Kodi, Netflix, browser, all working.

Last night I installed the NHL app to watch games, was a bit wonky at first, but got it to work.

Tonight, I open the app and it tells me I have no connection. Seemed odd, could be modem needed to be reset, checked, nope, everything working. Rebooted anyway. Still no connection to ethernet.

I tried wifi, still can't find mine (finds other people's in other houses????), back to ethernet. It says it's disconnected. Checked all the wires, nope, all working.

Unplugged MyGica, rebooted everything, still nada. Ran ethernet cable directly to router (it's on a hub normally, but other things on hub are working fine), nope, says no connection still. Unplugged everything, rebooted, nope, no ethernet connection according to MyGica.

I'm going to try connecting my laptop to the same wire in the living room and see if that fixes problem, but I'm at a bit of a loss to explain why ethernet would suddenly have disappeared on a one month old unit. Wifi, I understand, always a bit wonky with some networks, but ethernet is as close to plug and play as you can get. It's set for DHCP, not a static IP, but that should be the easiest setup.

Anything else anyone can think of to try? I don't even know how long the warranty is on the device but it sure looks like a hardware issue.

Paul

aka PolyWogg

can you please check which software version your running,

it should be under Settings and more it will tell you software version and built number