Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ret11

after new firmware for 1900

It looked wierd upon set up, like it didn't take. When you go into settings, Ethernet is selected as on. I'm watching youtube in 4k, will run the box to see if Ethernet disconnects.

I have a question, after updating my fw I noticed that my 1900ac no long shuts off if I power down it restarts my 1900ac every time what's going on with this? I'm very frustrated and feel I spent a lot of money for a expensive paper weight. How do I fix this??

Hello all, i can confirm extreme bugs on the new firmware for the 1900AC.

1. Lan Network instable, comes and goes...need to unplug each time..shows on....gets no ip!

2. Kodi crashes, 15.2 RC, who came with the firmware...

3. Sound problems, tested on other box same channel...the 1900ac gives very little sound...sometimes no sound at all...

4. 4k....not working....

5. Box switch off without any reason sometimes....

Very disappointed, the android buggy version of this box, 5.02 , maybe one of the reasons...

Not to understand, that this box is in the stores!

Not to use, back to my old cheap Zidoo X1, who is compared to the 1900AC a summer breeze....

I have a question, after updating my fw I noticed that my 1900ac no long shuts off if I power down it restarts my 1900ac every time what's going on with this? I'm very frustrated and feel I spent a lot of money for a expensive paper weight. How do I fix this??

What firmware Version are you using? I remembered you had an issue with your box before the new firmware was released, would not boot.

Try this firmware if you're still using old version

http://mygicasupport.com/viewtopic.php?f=151&t=3458

before was something with hdmi port and i fixet but before with fw 7/17/15 my ethernet works fine and after i updated to new one 09/24/15 ethernet not connected and even wifi disconected to many times.please help me.i disable the play store bc is one reason for the wifi disconected

so if ur box works tell me what to do exactly.to do factory reset first to disconect the ethernet cable firs or what.please help me before i breack this damm box :lol::lol:

Nothing you can do more, buddy, the firmware is simply corrupted.

I just researched bugs in lollipop 5.0, almost 90% of all users having heavy problems with WIFI and Lan Networking.

In all cases Internet disconnecting issues !

Many patches are already published from Google...

Also there are very heavy issues with background tasks in Lollipop...

TO MAKE THIS BOX SUCCESSFUL, THE COMPANY SHOULD OFFER OPENELEC OR EVEN A DUALBOOT OPTION FOR THIS BOX! MANY CUSTOMERS SIMPLY WANT TO HAVE A HIGH TEC KODI BOX OR MULTIMEDIA BOX!

No reason why not with the S812 on board!

Difficult to understand that there was no test on a box before going public with the new update.

I still shaking my head how this could happen in such a price segment..

I down graded my 1900 to the latest 1800E firmware and it works great no Ethernet problems and Mag Tv works great and Kodi 15.1 runs well also.

you post this now a couple of times, but these 2 boxes having different specs, how come you dont encounter issues if flashing a 1800e firmware to the different 1900ac?

[attachment=0]IMG_1671 [1731429].JPG[/attachment]maybe i think im crazy but i did again update the still same problem.

is anything i want to make changes to advance

we are aware of the issue with Sept 22 file, we are working on it rightnow to bring an OTA update or manual update asap stay tuned

calm down, iron man, mygica will sure bring a useable firmware for the 1900ac.

the update itself was dated 22.september..but published here on 13th october, same files..

but that you dont have any issues with the september files....somehow strange. be happy, if it is so...

I was away for a couple of weeks and just noticed the OTA update and a lost by Justin for a manual update. Do I need to do the manual first or can I just go ahead do the OTA as far as fixing these known issues? (Regardless if I lose my settings)

Thanks. I did the OTA and here are my pain points.

Wifi: unable to turn it on. Was doing the same on the previous build.

4K: keeps flickering again. My friend tried it on his LG and it was fine. The only difference is Samsung has a hub. That might be the issue but it should still work. However it doesn't.

On the recovery mode, get an error about e drive?

Wanted to try the 1800 build and the wifi does the same. Check it at my friend and both can figure it out. We enable wifi and it turns it off. (I don't use wifi as I use the Ethernet).

My biggest thing is the 4K on my Samsung curve. It was doing the same flickering issue in the 1800 box. If you can try to test that out would really appreciate it.

For now going to play on the 1800 build and possible go back on the 1900 later.

In your opinion, am I losing anything being on the 1800 build as far as display, sound and hardware features? Don't care about the voice or other features. As for wifi, wouldn't mind an opinion on that.

Thanks for all your help guys.

Paul

1. Time continues to display in 24-hour format even when set NOT to use 24-hour format. Noticed this issue since I bought by box/prior to the OTA updates.

2. The ethernet connection light/LED (denoted by <--->) does not light up on the front of the unit when connected via ethernet. Noticed this issue since I bought by box/prior to the OTA updates.

3. Downloaded "Eros Now" app from Google Play Store to watch indian movies. When connected via ethernet when I launch this app I get message - "Network Connection Error" (the app gives me this message). When connected via WiFi the app works fine. This only happens on this app. Do you think I will need to download this apps APK and install it from SD Card rather then downloading it from Google Play Store?