Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr.B.E.

extremely fustrated

I have recently purchased this box. Not really enjoying my experience.

The day I purchased the box, I set it up, watched some videos my ext-hdd and went to turn it off, and it wouldn't. Thought, maybe it just stays on and sleeps; in the morning still on, but then pressed power and it turned off. Over the next week it would still have issues turning off. Next issue was with turning on. I would turn on the device and my tv screen would be blank. Pressing the remote power wouldn't do anything, even the physical power on the unit wouldn't do anything. If I unplugged it, the lollipop logo would come on and it would boot to launcher. This kept happening to the point I was going to return the unit. I thought I would check for an update here and discovered the new 924. Did the proper update procedure, and did a factory reset after, to be sure. Loved the new hold/power/reboot/ function. Went to use the reboot feature and now my tv is blank again, but now, even if I unplug it, give it time, and plug it back in, I get the lollipop logo, then blank.

At this time I'm feeling robbed. This box, in Canada, is not cheap. My 5 year old WDTV Live worked better and only me $90 5 years ago.

There are other issues, but now I can't even use it; and I'm not sure I can even return this box to Wintronic.

its a firmware issue with this box.

the guys who compiled this buggy version of android 5.0 have had no clue, what they are doing....

no kind of testing..no nothing.

i bet, they not even saw one single 1900ac

no testing, no nothing....because if, he would have been noticed the issues with the network..the audio...the dozens of strange things with this chinese dragon..

they should buy the firmwares from zidoo...

Make that one more who is frustrated. The box did the OTA update and I thought all was fixed, until I tried to load a movie and it hung on the "working" dialogue. From that point everything stopped working. The box hung and would not boot. To recover I unplugged it and re-did the settings - LAN etc. Didn't do any good when it hung it terminated the LAN connection settings and reverted to WiFi. It would no longer connect to Ethernet. So I just left it connected to the WiFi - better a connection than no connection. It did this hang routine in KODI several more times and then I just started watching Netflix. At least that worked, until I went to turn it off. If I select Reboot, it reboots, if I select Standby it says Powering Off - and then it reboots. As of right now there is no way to turn the 1900 off. It just keeps rebooting.

But I did find a perfect way to turn it off - and it works every time - unplug it. :shock:

I have recently purchased this box. Not really enjoying my experience.

The day I purchased the box, I set it up, watched some videos my ext-hdd and went to turn it off, and it wouldn't. Thought, maybe it just stays on and sleeps; in the morning still on, but then pressed power and it turned off. Over the next week it would still have issues turning off. Next issue was with turning on. I would turn on the device and my tv screen would be blank. Pressing the remote power wouldn't do anything, even the physical power on the unit wouldn't do anything. If I unplugged it, the lollipop logo would come on and it would boot to launcher. This kept happening to the point I was going to return the unit. I thought I would check for an update here and discovered the new 924. Did the proper update procedure, and did a factory reset after, to be sure. Loved the new hold/power/reboot/ function. Went to use the reboot feature and now my tv is blank again, but now, even if I unplug it, give it time, and plug it back in, I get the lollipop logo, then blank.

At this time I'm feeling robbed. This box, in Canada, is not cheap. My 5 year old WDTV Live worked better and only me $90 5 years ago.

There are other issues, but now I can't even use it; and I'm not sure I can even return this box to Wintronic.

Ya, I hear ya brother, I'm another frustrated user, like I've said before, who knew that a 5 yr old WDLive would perform flawlessly and this thing doesn't do one thing that I want from a streamer, Kodi is the only saving grace, but it won't play 5.1 audio or video on my setup. I'm not a newbie when it comes to this stuff, but I can't get this thing to do anything that I need.

What I want from a streamer box:

HD Netflix with 5.1 audio

Ability to play SACD 5.1 audio wav files and ISO's as well as DVDAudio iso's

Kodi in Hd, the picture quality in its theoretical hd is abyssmal, hell Kodi doesn't even matter

:cry: