Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Potus

ATV582 Firmware June 14 - XBMC Freeze

Hi,

It seems that XMBC Gotham 13.0 with the ATV582 Firmware from June 14 is somewhat unstable as it freezes fairly constantly when i play files from my NAS (via NFS). XBMC also seems to freeze when library auto update is enabled on startup.

Thoughts or suggestions?

Cheers,

Potus

Hi,

It seems that XMBC Gotham 13.0 with the ATV582 Firmware from June 14 is somewhat unstable as it freezes fairly constantly when i play files from my NAS (via NFS). XBMC also seems to freeze when library auto update is enabled on startup.

Thoughts or suggestions?

Cheers,

Potus

I will take note of this, to have it fixed on our next update.

For now if your not using the 4K/2K video playback, may I suggest trying the 13.1 Gotham version from xbmc.org

I had some issues with Gotham 13.0 as well after loading June 14 firmware update. Went to Gotham 13.1 been running smoothly since then.

Might be worth a try.

I have requested our version of XBMC be updated to 13.1 with 4K/2K Support. Will push to have this released soon.

Thanks folks.

I have upgraded to XMBC 13.1. Though there were still some 'freeze' issues as i updated my library (over 300 items) from scratch, once it was updated (via multiple reboots), things do seem more stable. That said, i havent had a chance to test yet while playing a movie/show. will do that over next few days. It does appear that the size of the library does seem to be a factor.

Will update group shortly.

Thanks folks.

I have upgraded to XMBC 13.1. Though there were still some 'freeze' issues as i updated my library (over 300 items) from scratch, once it was updated (via multiple reboots), things do seem more stable. That said, i havent had a chance to test yet while playing a movie/show. will do that over next few days. It does appear that the size of the library does seem to be a factor.

Will update group shortly.

We just released a New Kernel update today. it should fix the freezing issues your having

Can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=1635

Hi Justin,

I was reading the new update released today will not overwrite apps or current addon settings. That being said I'm currently running Gotham 13.1 so will this update overwrite and revert the unit back to Gotham 13.0?

Hi Justin,

I was reading the new update released today will not overwrite apps or current addon settings. That being said I'm currently running Gotham 13.1 so will this update overwrite and revert the unit back to Gotham 13.0?

No it will no overwrite any apps, so your installed version of 13.1 should be fine

upgraded kernel. All seems good so far. Thanks Justin!

No problem, let me know how it is after a few days

Thanks

Justin,

What is the number of the kernel once upgraded from: update_m8_kernel_2.img?

Kind regrads,

Onno Moleman

XMPeu

Justin,

What is the number of the kernel once upgraded from: update_m8_kernel_2.img?

Kind regrads,

Onno Moleman

XMPeu

It should be

luo@ubt124 d375761-7c0b-dirty(20140616.120903)