Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kevthebev

ATV380 Firmware update and Kodi upgrade

I bought an ATV380 earlier in the year and it came loaded with XBMC V13.2. I have been trying to upgrade my box and just went out and got an SD card and reader. I've gone through the process of downloading one of the new Firmware files (20150703) and when I try to get it to read through the upgrader it just seems to skip by.

In checking my current firmware build, the box says it has 20150721 (considering I bought this back in April, this has me confused). I am going to assume the upgrader skips the SD card due to an older build, but that does not explain why my MyGica apps has older versions.

Any help on this would be great. Also, what is the current reliable firmware build.

A further update: I tried using the SD card using build 20150911, and this did take and took me through a new load. The problem is that I am still looking at the same version of XBMC on my ATV380.

Is this something unique to this particular box?

Success, I think.

I did a reload by first using the Reset feature in Settings. This deleted the original settings and reloaded off the new build (seems to have worked). KODI is currently loading......fingers crossed!

Our new Firmware updates do have KODI installed on it, but it will only show up if you Factory reset.

We do this, because we do not want the box to factory reset and you lose all of your add ons.

If you are still using XBMC and you upgrade to KODI from the Google Play Store, all of your add ons will transfer over once you open KODI for the first time