Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

picardi7690

MyGica ATV1200 Factory Reset itself?

Hi,

I have been using MyGica ATV1200 for close to three months now with no problems until last night. I turned my box on just to change the resolution to 480i since I was going to be plugging into an older TV that could only support that resolution via RCA cables. Anyway, the resolution changed just fine so I powered down my unit and brought it over to my other TV. NOTE that I have done this numerous times without ever experiencing any problems. Upon plugging it in and turning it on with this TV, it was as though the ATV1200 had decided to do a factory reset on it's own. Once it powers on and gets past the Android robot and the "android" logo, an "accept" or "Don't accept" message pops up very briefly, but before I can even click one of the two it brings up the "Installing" box and has a status bar with "0/13." This appears to be similar to a factory reset, which I have never actually done. Anyways I've tried letting the apps installing a few times, but it always seems to freeze somewhere in the status bar. I even let it install overnight but when I woke up and checked it, it appeared all the factory apps were installed EXCEPT XBMC, and a new "installing" status bar was now visible that said "0/4" Also, I have noticed at some points I can actually navigate through the settings so I've tried connecting to my WiFi but it never works. It recognizes my network but when I try to connect to it it just ends up saying "Saved, Secured" under my router in the network list and doesn't actually connect. I might add I was NOT trying to update to the new firmware at any point so this apparent factory reset was not caused by this. Recommendations? Should I try installing the new firmware at this point? I take it all my xbmc add-ons and settings are lost, but I am willing to accept this. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi,

I have been using MyGica ATV1200 for close to three months now with no problems until last night. I turned my box on just to change the resolution to 480i since I was going to be plugging into an older TV that could only support that resolution via RCA cables. Anyway, the resolution changed just fine so I powered down my unit and brought it over to my other TV. NOTE that I have done this numerous times without ever experiencing any problems. Upon plugging it in and turning it on with this TV, it was as though the ATV1200 had decided to do a factory reset on it's own. Once it powers on and gets past the Android robot and the "android" logo, an "accept" or "Don't accept" message pops up very briefly, but before I can even click one of the two it brings up the "Installing" box and has a status bar with "0/13." This appears to be similar to a factory reset, which I have never actually done. Anyways I've tried letting the apps installing a few times, but it always seems to freeze somewhere in the status bar. I even let it install overnight but when I woke up and checked it, it appeared all the factory apps were installed EXCEPT XBMC, and a new "installing" status bar was now visible that said "0/4" Also, I have noticed at some points I can actually navigate through the settings so I've tried connecting to my WiFi but it never works. It recognizes my network but when I try to connect to it it just ends up saying "Saved, Secured" under my router in the network list and doesn't actually connect. I might add I was NOT trying to update to the new firmware at any point so this apparent factory reset was not caused by this. Recommendations? Should I try installing the new firmware at this point? I take it all my xbmc add-ons and settings are lost, but I am willing to accept this. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi

You will have to do a Hard Reset to fix this. The How to video for this can be found here

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1521

Please note, this will delete all of your XBMC add ons.

This is the only way to fix this.

Also may we suggest that you upgrade to Android 4.2.2, since this update now has Auto resolution, and will not require you to change the resolution for you to use RCA.

This can be found here.... viewtopic.php?f=41&t=1570

Thank you for the quick response. Do I need to do the hard reset before doing the update or can I go straight into loading the update? Also, is there a way to prevent this from happening again? Obviously I can back everything up this time. Thanks.

Thank you for the quick response. Do I need to do the hard reset before doing the update or can I go straight into loading the update? Also, is there a way to prevent this from happening again? Obviously I can back everything up this time. Thanks.

Hi

Yes I would suggest hard resetting the box first before you do the upgrade to 4.2.2, just to be sure your Operating System is running good before you do the upgrade.

We are not sure what causes this to happen, so don't have a way to prevent this from happening again, however we have only seen this happen on units running 4.1.2.

And you can backup your XBMC add on data folders using a SD card and the program add on XBMC backup, I usually backup my XBMC every 1-2 weeks, only takes about 10-15 minutes depending on how many add ons you need to backup.

Thanks again for the prompt response. These forums truly are the best out there when it comes to these products.

Thanks for the compliment, I appreciate it.