Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SmokingOpz

Bluetooth does not work...

I am having trouble with the Bluetooth. Every time I try to turn it on. It always turns back off. Would this be a firmware problem or is this Mygica box be defective?

Thanks

I am having trouble with the Bluetooth. Every time I try to turn it on. It always turns back off. Would this be a firmware problem or is this Mygica box be defective?

Thanks

The 1900AC does not have Bluetooth

will the 1950ac have bluetooth?

Yes it will

Since I am one of the main people to give input on the design of this model I will make sure it has Bluetooth

I am also pushing for it to have 3GB Ram and 32GB of Internal Memory. This is a tough one to get done though, so we might have to bring it in for the ATSC Version only since other distributors of MyGica around the world do not want to pay the extra $ for these type of specs on there DVB-T/T2 and ISDB-T versions that they import.

Now that sounds like the android tv box I really would want. What ever you do please keep the internal 2.5" drive bay as well, I was so excited when I noticed it on the 1900 until I opened it and saw that the connectors were missing, that and the lack of bluetooth were my biggest disappointments

Now that sounds like the android tv box I really would want. What ever you do please keep the internal 2.5" drive bay as well, I was so excited when I noticed it on the 1900 until I opened it and saw that the connectors were missing, that and the lack of bluetooth were my biggest disappointments

Yes we plan to offer use of the 2.5"/S.S slot on this model.

The 1900 has the bay for it but not the connectors, as this casing was designed for future models to have it.

I am also looking at adding HDMI IN as well, as I feel this is a nice added feature.

Since there is no built in module for bluetooth, MyGica should be able to tell us which USB Bluetooth dongle chipsets are in the kernel so that users can get Bluetooth services.

There are no usb bluetooth drivers built into the Kernel

Amlogic does not support it.

I will ask to see if this can be done, but I cannot guarantee anything.

I am not sure if I understood correctly the comment regarding the chipset bluetooth capability and Amlogic not supporting it. If I purchase a bluetooth USB adapter and insert it into the 1900AC will it not add bluetooth? if yes, will it work with any bluetooth dongle adapter? The remote that came with the unit is wireless so I expected that I should also be able to use other wireless devices?

I want to use a headset with the unit. It does not have the 3.5mm jack input....or wireless capability! Surely there has to be a way to install a headset!? My preference is wireless or as an alternative the 3.5mm jack. I upgraded to the 1900AC and my lower models all had the 3.5mm jack.

Thanks for your help!

its not just a matter of plugging in a bluerooth usb, we need to know what driver does the android kernel support so we can purchase the right adaptor. I have tried an asus bt400 and an ebay bluetooth 4.0 adaptor without any luck. I am only guessing here but i'd imagine if we knew who made the bluetooth chipset on the 582 and bought a dongle from that company it would have the best chance of working

I agree ravendagrey. Thanks for your advice on the two adapters (saved me duplicating the effort). Hopefully someone from Gica support can provide advice on which USB bluetooth adapter will work or what wireless headset will work!

One possibility ... I have a 2.4G RF wireless air mouse that works great with the 1900AC ... so I am thinking perhaps a wireless headset using 2.4G RF wouild also work?

Update- problem solved!!!

I purchased an Optical SPDIF Coaxial Digital to Analog Audio Converter (about $13) along with a wireless Sennheiser RF Wireless Headphones (RS 120) and it worked!! I had to adjust the channel tuning on the headphones as at first I did not hear anything other than feedback, but now it works great!!

You pay around 200 for these very light units and don't get Bluetooth? . Ethernet disconnects. What else is cheap about this box. You can get other units that are half the price that don't have any problems.