Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Binx

System installed APP - completley unknown function

Nov 10, 2015. My 1900 updated the firmware this AM while I was trying to get the box to turn on/off with the remote button. The new Firmware patch was supposed to address the Ethernet connectivity issue and it does seem to do that. After the patch I rebooted and the Ethernet is back - 'happy man' now. BUT - while I was looking for another app I noticed a new System App. The app title is in Chinese and the app is a picture of a cloud with short and long vertical lines inside the cloud icon. Whatever this app is it has permissions to do almost anything on the box. Since I do not know what it is, what it does or is supposed to do . . . . I was going to delete it. Before I try to do that can someone tell me what this app is and it is supposed to do? If it is supposed to be there can we at least have the title in English so I can figure out what the heck it is for?

Nov 10, 2015. My 1900 updated the firmware this AM while I was trying to get the box to turn on/off with the remote button. The new Firmware patch was supposed to address the Ethernet connectivity issue and it does seem to do that. After the patch I rebooted and the Ethernet is back - 'happy man' now. BUT - while I was looking for another app I noticed a new System App. The app title is in Chinese and the app is a picture of a cloud with short and long vertical lines inside the cloud icon. Whatever this app is it has permissions to do almost anything on the box. Since I do not know what it is, what it does or is supposed to do . . . . I was going to delete it. Before I try to do that can someone tell me what this app is and it is supposed to do? If it is supposed to be there can we at least have the title in English so I can figure out what the heck it is for?

Yes this app is supposed to be deleted.

Not sure why they added it into the list of pre installed apps.

I am not sure what it does myself since I do not read chinese.

I am getting it removed on next update, you can just manually uninstall it for now.

I am getting it removed on next update, you can just manually uninstall it for now.

How do you uninstall this application? There is no option available and its always running even after you stop it. You can not select disable and there is no uninstall option

How do you uninstall this application? There is no option available and its always running even after you stop it. You can not select disable and there is no uninstall option

Weird that you cannot uninstall it, I just tried myself and it is one of the only apps that gives no option to uninstall

I will have to get it uninstalled on a FW update.

Go to the Play Store and find an APP called Uninstall (red with the lid of a waste can tilted half off) install this App. Once installed just run it like any other App. It will uninstall the unwanted App.

Go to the Play Store and find an APP called Uninstall (red with the lid of a waste can tilted half off) install this App. Once installed just run it like any other App. It will uninstall the unwanted App.

Thanks for sharing this