Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Keith B

Wi-Fi unable to connect

I have an ATV 1900AC that was having great video sessions today when I saw a popup of "AirPin" disconnected. It then kept connecting and disconnecting. Upon further investigation the Wifi would not connect. The Ethernet is connected to the same router working fine. My tablet and phones connect to the same wifi router without issues. The 1900AC also has the same WiFi connectivity issues to a different function router.

I have shut off and the Wifi without change in status. I have power cycled the units also.

I have power cycled the box and it begins to attempt connections of the two SSIDs with saved password (that did work before). The AirPin does on occasion indicate a connective state momentarily before the Wi-Fi drops again, and loops trying to reconnect.

Update: factory reset performed, same WiFi issue during setup. I am now under the assumption it is defective hardware.

Thanks in advance for assistance, Keith

I am fully aware of the Wifi disconnect issues on the 1900 and other models as well

We will have OTA updates for this being sent within the next 7-10 days that will address this exact issue.

I took the box back to the vendor for a repair attempt, and the box's wireless was performing fine without issues (and make me look silly). I then provided detailed physical setup, I was advised that the box cannot be connected to both Ethernet AND wireless at the same time. Investigation revelled that the unit did have the latest firmware, and it just may be a wait for a later update to resolve this issue. Two calls to support did not enquire about physical setup to uncover this 'flaw'. I am still extremely happy with the unit and its capabilities. I just preferred Ethernet to stream files from my PC, but the wireless has handled it thus far.

I took the box back to the vendor for a repair attempt, and the box's wireless was performing fine without issues (and make me look silly). I then provided detailed physical setup, I was advised that the box cannot be connected to both Ethernet AND wireless at the same time. Investigation revelled that the unit did have the latest firmware, and it just may be a wait for a later update to resolve this issue. Two calls to support did not enquire about physical setup to uncover this 'flaw'. I am still extremely happy with the unit and its capabilities. I just preferred Ethernet to stream files from my PC, but the wireless has handled it thus far.

Sorry I am a little confused

In your first post you said you had issues with Wireless

But in this post you say it is fine, but would prefer Ethernet?

Sorry can you please confirm is it Wifi or Ethernet that you are having issues with?

I would prefer to be connected to both Ethernet and Wi-Fi, when they ate both 'enabled', with wireless will not stay connected if the Ethernet is. When I disable the Ethernet, the Wi-Fi works fine without issues. There are no issues with either, as long as they are not being used simultaneously.

I would prefer to be connected to both Ethernet and Wi-Fi, when they ate both 'enabled', with wireless will not stay connected if the Ethernet is. When I disable the Ethernet, the Wi-Fi works fine without issues. There are no issues with either, as long as they are not being used simultaneously.

You cannot use both at the same time.

You can only connect to Ethernet or Wifi one at a time.