Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cshannahan

520E Locked up? Red Light after upgrade attempt

A friend brought their 520E over to me to see if I could upgrade it. I read the documentation and tried to upgrade Android to 4.2 from 4.1 before installing Kodi etc.

Well first the upgrade button to get into recovery mode would not work, I don't believe there is one there. There was nothing to push.

I installed quickbook and rebooted it into recovery with my micro SD card w/files on it. The little android guy came up for a little bit then it all disappeared, now I have a red light. AWESOME! So glad I decided to help.

How can this box be recovered?

A friend brought their 520E over to me to see if I could upgrade it. I read the documentation and tried to upgrade Android to 4.2 from 4.1 before installing Kodi etc.

Well first the upgrade button to get into recovery mode would not work, I don't believe there is one there. There was nothing to push.

I installed quickbook and rebooted it into recovery with my micro SD card w/files on it. The little android guy came up for a little bit then it all disappeared, now I have a red light. AWESOME! So glad I decided to help.

How can this box be recovered?

The reset/update button of the 520e is located on the bottom of the unit

You need a toothpick or pin to push it.

If you tried installed the 4.2 FW files manually through the recovery menu, then this will definitely brick your unit. Which with a red light like how you described is exactly what has happened here.

You can read through this thread for help on how to unbrick your unit

http://www.mygicasupport.com/viewtopic. ... brick+520e

Thank for the reply. I tried everything to reset it without using the quickboot app...once I used it I had all of your MyGica files for 4.2 in a drive but it didn't take.

I will see if I can recover it but it's probably toast.

Thank for the reply. I tried everything to reset it without using the quickboot app...once I used it I had all of your MyGica files for 4.2 in a drive but it didn't take.

I will see if I can recover it but it's probably toast.

Ok let us know