Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

smh

ATV582 not reading SD card/firmware upgrade

I've been trying to update my ATV582 for the first time since I bought it and have been following the instructions posted for 7/24 update files without any luck.

I saved the downloaded files to an SDcard and attempted to update from the apps section just like in the video but the files do not display on screen.

My formatted SDcard is FAT32 with absolutely nothing else on it except the two zipped files:

update_Mygica_ATV582_20140723

update_uboot_stvm8_20140718

My build is V002M801_2015721

Can anyone figure why this is not working for me? My 582 is operating just fine but I want to update it and update xbmc to kodi in the process.

Thanks

i may be wrong but those updates seem to be older(2014) than what you have installed already (2015)

Thanks for your input...I purchased the box in Sept '14 and have never done any kind of update to the box. I just assumed I need to start with the 7/24 update.

Am I safe to just go with the lastest firmware update and not bother with any of the previous updates put out since I purchased my 582?

Anyone's input would be greatly appreciated!

If you have V002M801_2015721 build then you have the July 2015 firmware (the date is in the firmware name). You're trying to install 2014 firmware.

All updates are now OTA from my understanding unless you want to jump a little ahead and manually install the newest FW update (which will be OTA this week I think anyways). I think you're good.

You can manually uninstall XBMC then re-install Kodi from the Play store.

That makes total sense beeshaw...I didn't even realize that the firmware was updating automatically as XBMC remained unchanged. Thank you for the clarification.

Finally going to update to Kodi before going with the newest FW update.

Question: won't I loose all my xbmc settings/addons if I uninstall the app? (even if I save my settings using the Backup app)

i lose the settings just refreshing the same version of KODI even with the backup app -- it installs the apps -- but apparently not the configs.

KODI Backup does not transfer over all user data settings, it will backup all of your add ons but not all of your userdata

Which is why I always back these 2 folders up onto a USB using the Android File Manager app.

This clarification is much appreciated.

Thanks for all the input, I feel confident going forward and updating to Kodi now. It's also nice to know that the ATV582 was up to date with the OTA FW updates...didn't even realize!

Great community

i lose the settings just refreshing the same version of KODI even with the backup app -- it installs the apps -- but apparently not the configs.

KODI Backup does not transfer over all user data settings, it will backup all of your add ons but not all of your userdata

Which is why I always back these 2 folders up onto a USB using the Android File Manager app.