Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mozart

New Box....has issues

Just got my 1900 and it doesn't turn off go into stand by or reboot. When i press the power button absolutely nothing happens. I have a solid green light.

Tried doing an update and now I can't connect to 5Ghz wifi. 2.4 works fine but when I try to connect to the 5ghz it just sits there saying "connecting..." and for the record I was able to connect to the 5ghz before I did the update. After the reboot it wouldn't connect anymore and I had to switch to 2.4ghz. The most frustrating part is the power button still doesn't work.

I forgot to mention the power button on the remote doesn't work either.

This new box has BIG ISSUES!

1. DTS does not work.

2. Out of the box Kodi crashes and does not work without upgrade

3. No HD for Netflix.

4. USB drives formatted exFAT are not recognized. Had to reformat drive to NTFS for it to be seen and usable.

I expected more. Thought that because I was paying more, I would get more.... not feeling that way at all. :(

And DD 5.1 does not work..... WHY DID I GET THIS BOX???

Also, don't change the speakers number from 2.0 if you do and try and play anything the box will instantly freeze up and reboot its self after a long long time...

When will this box be fixed? Is anything being looked at? As soon as it boots, you get a "Unfortunately, Google Play services has stopped." error. Whats the timeline for repairing this thing?

have you done the updates? dts and Dolby Digital work fine for me. When I load up a file thats encoded with either my amp shows the logo on the screen and 5.1 comes through spdif

IMG_20151118_125819_zpsiph1n8zv.jpg~original

Yes, I believe I am. Running stvm8-userdebug 5.0.2 V003M801_20151110 eng.jp.20151110.182051 test-keys

When I have Kodi set to pass-thru and I select that I have a DD and DTS capable receiver and play any DTS or DD 5.1 source, all I get is high pitched static sound out of the receiver. This is the exact same setup that I had for my 582 (That I stupidly gave away to another family member and replaced with this box) and the 582 played perfectly, and sounded very good for what it was.

I'm using HDMI, not Optical for sound.

Changing PCM to HDMI did not make any difference.

Audio issues:

HDMI audio pass-through does not work at all in Kodi

Dolby and DTS down-mixing not supported in 4K MoviePlayer and other players (except in Kodi, where it’s handled by software).