Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

theduke201

OTA 20151201

Box took an OTA update 20151201 today and the change log displayed was:

Change log;

1. Welcome page add 5 more lanuge. totally have 15 languages now:English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch (Netherlands), Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, Polish, Greek, Hungarian, Czech, Croatian and Romanian

2. solved wifi disconnect issue

3. Kodi updated to 15.2 lastest version (Only if you Factory Reset the box, it will then install this new version)

4. CVBS default output change to 480i (NTSC)

5. Each device should have a unique Android ID

6. When OTA updates occur, this list will show from now on showing the latest changes. You can select not to accept the changes if you prefer.

My question is that this is the same changelog from 20151119 so what has changed?

I'm going to hijack your thread, sorry...

JUSTIN! You said Kodi 15 will work with this update - it doesn't! RCA output is dead with Kodi 15. Dead. Nothing helps except power cycling the box.

So now I have to find the March image (edit: wait - it's not even the March image, as that one has Kodi 14.1, and I had 14.2 before this...?), reflash it again manually, set up everything again, wait for 5-6 hours until the December update downloads (because download speed is horrible - I don't know where your server is, but I'm getting dial-up speed downloads) for the wi-fi disconnect fix, and then never factory reset the box again because it'll install Kodi 15, which *does not work*.

You need to have something done about this. For me, the whole point of buying an 1800 was to get RCA output, and that one flat-out doesn't work with Kodi 15 that isn't a "MyGica Edition". Either roll back to Kodi 14 in future firmware updates, or do another MyGica Edition, or declare the 1800 an unsupported model in the future.

Box took an OTA update 20151201 today and the change log displayed was:

Change log;

1. Welcome page add 5 more lanuge. totally have 15 languages now:English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch (Netherlands), Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, Polish, Greek, Hungarian, Czech, Croatian and Romanian

2. solved wifi disconnect issue

3. Kodi updated to 15.2 lastest version (Only if you Factory Reset the box, it will then install this new version)

4. CVBS default output change to 480i (NTSC)

5. Each device should have a unique Android ID

6. When OTA updates occur, this list will show from now on showing the latest changes. You can select not to accept the changes if you prefer.

My question is that this is the same changelog from 20151119 so what has changed?

They added more languages, that is about it.

JUSTIN! You said Kodi 15 will work with this update - it doesn't! RCA output is dead with Kodi 15. Dead. Nothing helps except power cycling the box.

So now I have to find the March image (edit: wait - it's not even the March image, as that one has Kodi 14.1, and I had 14.2 before this...?), reflash it again manually, set up everything again, wait for 5-6 hours until the December update downloads (because download speed is horrible - I don't know where your server is, but I'm getting dial-up speed downloads) for the wi-fi disconnect fix, and then never factory reset the box again because it'll install Kodi 15, which *does not work*.

You need to have something done about this. For me, the whole point of buying an 1800 was to get RCA output, and that one flat-out doesn't work with Kodi 15 that isn't a "MyGica Edition". Either roll back to Kodi 14 in future firmware updates, or do another MyGica Edition, or declare the 1800 an unsupported model in the future.

I will have to get this fixed.

How old is the TV that you are using? Because I have had mixed feedback on this depending on the TV.

We are only sticking to the PlayStore version of KODI in the future, since this will be the easiest way for everyone to always have the newest version of KODI and it will not over write your add ons etc.

Also we will continue to support the 1800E for a long time.

I have the same problem with only Kodi opening to a black screen. I do not have HDMI option for the tv I'm using. I have to have the RCA output in order to use it on this tv.

I will have to get this fixed.

How old is the TV that you are using? Because I have had mixed feedback on this depending on the TV.

2005 or 2006, I have no idea... It's a CRT. Greg is also having issues, and his TV might be newer and not a CRT.

Any ideas why this happens? What exactly does Kodi 15 do that it can kill RCA output from the box...? :/ It makes very little sense. I even tried pressing Home and then the context-kill-all-apps button, but the picture does not come back until I power cycle the box.

Justin, any idea as to when a fix will be available? I don't want to return the unit but if you can't fix this with new firmware then say so. I don't want to wait for days or months for a fix to this problem as I still have warranty and this would be considered a faulty unit.

Justin, any idea as to when a fix will be available? I don't want to return the unit but if you can't fix this with new firmware then say so. I don't want to wait for days or months for a fix to this problem as I still have warranty and this would be considered a faulty unit.

I will have answer tomorrow night on my weekly conference call for a time frame for a solution

They will more then likely provide me with a Patch File, which I will then immediately share with you guys on here to try out.

Just tested the RCA connection instead of the HDMI and I can concur that Kodi does not come on with the RCA plug. It just get a black screen on TV that does not has HDMI. I put it on a Sony TV (with CRT) and on the 468 default video. (can do everything except kodi loading up with a black screen)

RCA output is dead with Kodi 15. Dead.

Ok I downloaded the patch file ( pain in the butt ). Why is this a HDMI patch file when it was an RCA issue?

It did nothing for RCA connection. Still the same black screen on Kodi but everything else works.

Ok I downloaded the patch file ( pain in the butt ). Why is this a HDMI patch file when it was an RCA issue?

It did nothing for RCA connection. Still the same black screen on Kodi but everything else works.

The patch file was for people who got a black screen after bringing the box out of standby mode when using HDMI, or when they switch back to MyGica from another HDMI input on there TV.

When I have something for RCA I will post it.

They are fully aware of this issue.

I have a couple of ATV1800's and I noticed over the weekend ever since this update the boxes will no longer display wifi connections to connect too and will only work with Ethernet hard wired connected. What happened ?

Thank you!

I loaded OTA 20151201 last night thinking (hoping) it would help me address my slow wifi on the 1800e. No changes unfortunately.

Specifically, I am running the 1800e 12 feet from the Access Point. Every device other than my 1800e shows speedtest DLs of 30-60MB and my 1800e comes back wit h1MB if I am lucky. I am at my whits end with this. Anyone have any magical ideas?

I have a couple of ATV1800's and I noticed over the weekend ever since this update the boxes will no longer display wifi connections to connect too and will only work with Ethernet hard wired connected. What happened ?

Thank you!

Email me

support@mygica.ca

I have file that will fix this, you will have to take the update again after this.

But it will fix the No Wifi issue.

Why are these files not released to the owners of these products. Why is the coding so bad. Why the secrecy and why does it take so long to fix issues the boxes are having. You are aware that the 1800e has issues with RCA outputs to Kodi so why such a delay to fix the problem? You said you would have a fix after your telephone conference last week and what you give us is the fix for the HDMI blackout of Kodi and to be quite honest I haven't even read a post about that problem. Thats like buying a car with no tires and not knowing when there coming. I also bought a 1900ac about 3 weeks ago and the problem with it is the SD slot doesn't work. when you put the card in it goes in crooked and when you finally do get it in you can hear it click into place but it won't lock it in place. It just slides right out of the slot and it doesn't recognize it at all. Is this box capable of loading everything through USB as I know the 1800e likes the SD slot.

Why are these files not released to the owners of these products. Why is the coding so bad. Why the secrecy and why does it take so long to fix issues the boxes are having. You are aware that the 1800e has issues with RCA outputs to Kodi so why such a delay to fix the problem? You said you would have a fix after your telephone conference last week and what you give us is the fix for the HDMI blackout of Kodi and to be quite honest I haven't even read a post about that problem. Thats like buying a car with no tires and not knowing when there coming. I also bought a 1900ac about 3 weeks ago and the problem with it is the SD slot doesn't work. when you put the card in it goes in crooked and when you finally do get it in you can hear it click into place but it won't lock it in place. It just slides right out of the slot and it doesn't recognize it at all. Is this box capable of loading everything through USB as I know the 1800e likes the SD slot.

HDMI Blackout issue has been an issue for some people. So that is why we fixed it first.

When I have RCA Fix I will post it. I said they are aware of the issue after conference, I did not give a date as to when it will be fixed.

RCA only became an issue on the most recent Firmware update, you can always go back to the previous firmware if you want to use RCA, you just need to manually set the output to 480i.

As for 1900 SD card slot, the SD card is supposed to go upside down since all of the ports are upside down on the back of the 1900. This is just how it was designed.

If the SD card slot still does not work, then we will just replace the unit under warranty.

Also I am not sure what you mean by secrecy?

What am I keeping a secret?

It seems like u hav certain files when people have certain problems thats all. ( should hav a file section for all models ) I tried putting the SD card in upside down and your right it works. I tried last week and had to use a pin to get it out because it was beyond the SD slot. It must of went in under or ovr the card holder. As for changing the firmware back I'll wait if it isn't going to be long. My apologies Justin

It seems like u hav certain files when people have certain problems thats all. ( should hav a file section for all models ) I tried putting the SD card in upside down and your right it works. I tried last week and had to use a pin to get it out because it was beyond the SD slot. It must of went in under or ovr the card holder. As for changing the firmware back I'll wait if it isn't going to be long. My apologies Justin

Patch files that I cannot fully test since I do not experience certain issues others are having I always post up.

This way I get the best feedback.

Even Firmware files I have put in Beta section before to test it out.

I cannot post up everything, but I do post the important stuff.

Good to hear the SD card slot works now.

Thanks for the apologies.

I can confirm this patch has fixed my Kodi problem with the RCA cables. Thanks Justin

Great to hear

Worked for me on 3 different boxes here as well.

Will wait for few others to comment before I get it sent as patch.