Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cwood

Optical output to Yamaha only showing two channels

Optical audio connection works fine but only shows two channels on my Yamaha RV-x1500. Using Kodi and playing Game of thrones in 1080. Kodi always shows "Undetermined" as to audio format. Is this a content issue or settings?

Optical audio connection works fine but only shows two channels on my Yamaha RV-x1500. Using Kodi and playing Game of thrones in 1080. Kodi always shows "Undetermined" as to audio format. Is this a content issue or settings?

If you switched the Digital Audio Ouput setting to SPDIF then it should work

Did you do this on your 1800e?

Yes, 1800. I had it set to SPDIF. I did find that it was related to the content. Only when something has DTS encoding is the Yamaha seeing the mulitple channels

Yes, 1800. I had it set to SPDIF. I did find that it was related to the content. Only when something has DTS encoding is the Yamaha seeing the mulitple channels

Just wondering if you tried this in Kodi....

System -> System -> Audio Output

With your Settings Level (at the bottom) set to "Advanced" or "Expert"

Number of channels: 2.0 (SPDIF only supports two channels, but supports muilti-channel audio using a format supported by passthrough)

Enable Passthrough

Other settings as per your receivers capabilities. Dolby Digital (AC3), DTS capable receiver, Enable Dolby Digital (AC3) transcoding .... not sure what this one is?

Don't select 5.1 for number of channels or anything else, other than 2.0. Though I think that when you select passthrough it doesn't matter, but select 2.0 just to be safe. I've set things up on my 1800 this way and it works great.

FBN

Still struggling with this. Can't get the Yamaha to show that it is seeing more than 2 channels.

Optical connected, passthrough enabled, Kodi settings for DTS capable receiver.

Any suggestions on what else I might try?

For reference content is coming from Exodus.