Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dlangejc

ATV 1800 latest firmware?

Hi Justin

What is the latest firmware for the ATV 1800? I have a build on my box that dates 2014/05/29.

Can I just load the 582 firmware in succession, starting with the June version?

I would like to see if it fixes some of the video issues I am having.

Also will there be more development on the stock Android video player in future?

My girlfriend likes the stock player as MX player sometimes freezes and XBMC sometimes makes a popping sound on playback on ISO files.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Justin

What is the latest firmware for the ATV 1800? I have a build on my box that dates 2014/05/29.

Can I just load the 582 firmware in succession, starting with the June version?

I would like to see if it fixes some of the video issues I am having.

Also will there be more development on the stock Android video player in future?

My girlfriend likes the stock player as MX player sometimes freezes and XBMC sometimes makes a popping sound on playback on ISO files.

Thanks in advance.

The 582 files work for the 1800, as long as you have the version that came out recently in different parts of the world.

I have an 1800 sample from 6 months ago, which I can no longer upgrade with the new files, due to many different changes that were made to the box.

And what type of development were you inquiring about in regards to the stock player?

I received my box last week and I'm loving it so far, it only has 1 GB of ram. The SD card firmware upgrade method does not work for me as it keeps complaining about the SD card. I copied all of the required files into the root of the SD card like in the tutorials and used the OTA button to upgrade which takes me to the recovery screen. The ATV 1800 firmware is hosted on the Geniatech dot com server. I used the fw to see if I can upgrade at least.

It keeps complaining about the fact that it cannot see any upgrade files or that there is problem with the SD card - it seems like its looking for the upgrade files but cannot obtain it. The upgrade method should be the same as the 582?

The stock player used on my old ATV 510B was excellent, I think its either called Video player or Movie player but here is no hardware acceleration, but it worked good. I was wondering if there would be more development on this as it worked good and it was a "no frills" solution.

Thank you

I received my box last week and I'm loving it so far, it only has 1 GB of ram. The SD card firmware upgrade method does not work for me as it keeps complaining about the SD card. I copied all of the required files into the root of the SD card like in the tutorials and used the OTA button to upgrade which takes me to the recovery screen. The ATV 1800 firmware is hosted on the Geniatech dot com server. I used the fw to see if I can upgrade at least.

It keeps complaining about the fact that it cannot see any upgrade files or that there is problem with the SD card - it seems like its looking for the upgrade files but cannot obtain it. The upgrade method should be the same as the 582?

The stock player used on my old ATV 510B was excellent, I think its either called Video player or Movie player but here is no hardware acceleration, but it worked good. I was wondering if there would be more development on this as it worked good and it was a "no frills" solution.

Thank you

Try formatting your SD card to FAT 32 then transfer the files to the root of your SD card.

And there should be a stock video player called 4K Video player built into the firmware.

Hi Justin,

Here is the error that i get trying to update the firmware.

The files are visible in file manager in Android and on my SD Card.

SD card has been formatted with FAT32.

5817fc3ea2868_2014-06-2911_17_23.jpg.72cbb8dd8e50f0c86cf170d09476d775.jpg

Okay I'm an idiot - my SD card was not primary but secondary. This explains it. It now WORKS![/quote

Glad you were able to figure it out

where can I find this firmware I need to install it

Which firmware are you referring to?

As we now send out OTA updates straight to your box over the internet.

I did find what I needed and the unit is working again, and yes I did get the update over the internet also.

Ok good to hear

Hey Justin, I have the 9/25 firmware on my ATV1800E; just wondering if you know when the next update will be released and what improvements and additions it will entail?

Hey Justin, I have the 9/25 firmware on my ATV1800E; just wondering if you know when the next update will be released and what improvements and additions it will entail?

No date as of yet for next release.

And only improvements as far as I know for now will be the Interlacing Video Problem.

Justin,

When you say interlacing video problem are you referring to the stuttering movement we see moving objects doing?

Interlacing is the video being blurry sometimes.

Not so sure the issue you are referring to?

I have notice a fanning effect sometimes. For example the person's arm will shimmer as it moves across the screen. I actually thought it was a result of slow streaming but it could be the effect you are describing.