Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dimitri1

Wifi and ethernet speeds are extremely low

I accidentally posted this in another forum page but was meant for here. I have the 586. Both my wifi speed and Ethernet speed is extremely low. I have 75 mps service throughout my house - I'm lucky if this reaches 10-12 mps; most of the time its 6mps. I've tried everything and I'm about ready to give up. Even the simplest of Android apps are delayed, choppy or just don't play. Please don't ask me to reset the box - I have many times already. Does anyone else have this problem? Can I return the box and they send me one that they have checked out before sending it back to me? This is just wrong....

Is this something a moderator can assist with or do I contact the company through their website? This can be a great box - but the continued issues I've had with it must be directly connected to the way the box is manufactured and not my home network. I can't believe I'm the only one with this issue; on another forum page for the model 582 - people are complaining of the same problem.

I'm having horrible speeds with my ATV 380 (rebranded 585) as well.

Not sure if its related to the 5.0.2 update. I updated firmware same time i moved the unit to another room that doesnt have ethernet plug, so had to use WIFI.

My old WD TV Live box ran there on WIFI no problem for over a year.

I am fully aware of this problem.

It is still top on our list to fix.

I sent more Log tests from our side and 3 other peoples computers on our units and 3 other brands units to show the difference in Speeds.

As this is what was asked of me recently.

So now a new driver has to be created after what they saw.

Will report back once I know more

1900 so far does not have these issues, just seeing them on 1800/582/380/585/586

Seems its an issue with the Broadcom Wifi Driver which all those models use.

The 1900 we use Realtek since they had one of the best AC Wifi Modules.

Justin - many thanks for getting back to all of us on this issue. I did contact MyGica and created a ticket in the hopes of returning it. However, I'll hold onto my device (586) for a while until you post a possible fix. I really like this unit, and I'm not sure if you are replacing it with another model with an ATSC tuner next year, but if its able to be fixed with some kind of update I greatly appreciate it. Thanks again!

Justin - just curious...you stated this may have something to do with a wifi related issue or part. Can this also cause my Ethernet speeds to be low too? I seem to be getting low speeds on both wifi and Ethernet..?? Thanks!

Justin - just curious...you stated this may have something to do with a wifi related issue or part. Can this also cause my Ethernet speeds to be low too? I seem to be getting low speeds on both wifi and Ethernet..?? Thanks!

Wifi and Ethernet are both different drivers

I have tested Ethernet constantly on a ton of different routers and multiple Fiber, Cable and DSL connections without any issues. They all match the exact same speeds I get on a PC.

So I am not sure what the issue could be with Ethernet for you.