Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WolfmanJack

Anybody had any luck with DTS or Dolby 5.1 Audio?

Its been a couple of weeks since I last posted on this issue, so far I've tried HDMI passthrough and SPDIF optical passthrough in the ATV1900ac as well as Kodi with no luck playing DTS or Dolby Digital 5.1. I've been using both of these codecs in WD Live and Asus media streamers for years.

I've tried wireless (as suggested by Justin) as well as wired for using the playstore without any luck, I have the latest firmware, I use a Denon 3311ci Receiver and am not a newbie to this stuff, but I sure feel like one with this 1900ac box.

I've read that Justin figures that an update is coming in a couple of weeks, so I'm going to hold on to this box for a little while longer and hope that it will at least match the others that I use from many years ago.

Dealbreakers:

No Hd Netflix or 5.1 audio on netflix

No DTS 5.1 or Dolby 5.1 audio playback, "at least not that I have been able to figure out"

No HD 5.1 audio on Kodi no matter what settings I use and I've tried them all several dozen times on all types of programming including my own material from my computer via streaming. I stress again that these HD Audio codecs for DTS and Dolby 5.1 work flawlessly on both the Asus Oplay and WDTV Live and Live plus streamers that I also use.

This box is not ready for prime time even though I love the possibilities this little speed demon possesses.

Hoping for a firmware update to fix some of these issues.

If anyone has been able to resolve any of the issues I've alluded to, please let me know.

Its been a couple of weeks since I last posted on this issue, so far I've tried HDMI passthrough and SPDIF optical passthrough in the ATV1900ac as well as Kodi with no luck playing DTS or Dolby Digital 5.1. I've been using both of these codecs in WD Live and Asus media streamers for years.

I've tried wireless (as suggested by Justin) as well as wired for using the playstore without any luck, I have the latest firmware, I use a Denon 3311ci Receiver and am not a newbie to this stuff, but I sure feel like one with this 1900ac box.

I've read that Justin figures that an update is coming in a couple of weeks, so I'm going to hold on to this box for a little while longer and hope that it will at least match the others that I use from many years ago.

Dealbreakers:

No Hd Netflix or 5.1 audio on netflix

No DTS 5.1 or Dolby 5.1 audio playback, "at least not that I have been able to figure out"

No HD 5.1 audio on Kodi no matter what settings I use and I've tried them all several dozen times on all types of programming including my own material from my computer via streaming. I stress again that these HD Audio codecs for DTS and Dolby 5.1 work flawlessly on both the Asus Oplay and WDTV Live and Live plus streamers that I also use.

This box is not ready for prime time even though I love the possibilities this little speed demon possesses.

Hoping for a firmware update to fix some of these issues.

If anyone has been able to resolve any of the issues I've alluded to, please let me know.

I am fully aware of the issues with DD and DTS through HDMI

But SPDIF has been reported as working by many users on here

You just have to switch the Audio setting to SPDIF Output.