Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

alanghopkinson

Oops! No Internet Connection Detected

I installed the device on our network. Internet seems to be generally working, we used a hard wired connection rather than wifi, but when I attempt to stream content it displays a message "Oops! No Internet Connection Detected". When I hit "esc" key it went back to the home page of the app and after a few tries it would start streaming. It then works great for some time, just the odd skipped frame, then just eventually stops with a spinning "buffering" symbol. Hitting escape drops it back to the main app window and after a few tries it could restart but this is WAY too unstable to be acceptable. Another app simply displayed an error and refused to play. I even switched out the router to eliminate that as an issue. So the possibilities are that (a) our DSL service provider is poor or (b) something is wrong with the configuration. Note, other Windows computers on the LAN can stream though without any error from different browsers including Chrome.

Please help!

Alan

I installed the device on our network. Internet seems to be generally working, we used a hard wired connection rather than wifi, but when I attempt to stream content it displays a message "Oops! No Internet Connection Detected". When I hit "esc" key it went back to the home page of the app and after a few tries it would start streaming. It then works great for some time, just the odd skipped frame, then just eventually stops with a spinning "buffering" symbol. Hitting escape drops it back to the main app window and after a few tries it could restart but this is WAY too unstable to be acceptable. Another app simply displayed an error and refused to play. I even switched out the router to eliminate that as an issue. So the possibilities are that (a) our DSL service provider is poor or (b) something is wrong with the configuration. Note, other Windows computers on the LAN can stream though without any error from different browsers including Chrome.

Please help!

Alan

There might be a problem with your LAN port on the 520E. Can you please try Wifi and let me know if you get the same results?

Yes, I have tried on both wifi and wired. The wifi is the same but more stuttering during streaming. Many apps are giving me "Sorry, Unable to play video" messages which may indicate the codec or flash player. Do you have suggestions for how to update?

Alan

Yes, I have tried on both wifi and wired. The wifi is the same but more stuttering during streaming. Many apps are giving me "Sorry, Unable to play video" messages which may indicate the codec or flash player. Do you have suggestions for how to update?

Alan

It sounds like a problem with your wifi and ethernet module thats built into your 520E, its either that, or I know on 4.1.2, some customers were having issues using there box with certain routers due to Android not wanting to connect properly to some routers.

Have you tried upgrading to 4.2.2 on your 520E?