Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jordan

1900ac Google Cast Receiver app network issues

Here is one more for the list...this one is real interesting...

After upgrading from my 1800e my 1900ac... Two apple devices connected to the same network began to Crash the youtube app on launch.

Any time the MyGica 1900ac (or IOS devices) is connected to the network, I cannot launch the Youtube app from iPhone 6, or iPhone 5s also connected. The devices launch the apps fine when not connected to the network.

I've troubleshooted to get to the source of the problem, as the internet was not inflames over this youtube issue, so I knew it was something related to my setups.

Inside 1900ac when I force stop the system app "google cast receiver", I am able to launch the youtube apps on my IOS devices again, and it will not crash.

as a side-note to this issue... the google app itself kept calling for an update from the app store... but it wouldn't take the update and would abort the process during update.

Once I force-stopped the google cast receiver, it was able to take the google app update from the app store fine.

it didn't however resolve the conflicts related to google cast receiver app, and I had to force-stop the app, and uninstall the google cast receiver app from the various third party uninstall methods available for to uninstall system apps.

Seems that this new device (similar to the unknown and mysterious Chinese character speech bubble app) had some pre-installed content that maybe isn't setup properly, or maybe just shouldnt be there to begin with....

although, I would think a google cast receiver app, should be there, it just maybe hasn't had proper or full testing?

You running IOS 9 on both phones?

Need to know so I can try same thing here.

yes. latest and second latest updates of IOS on both phones experienced the issue when connected to WIFI, ... the 1900AC was connected to the same network/router, but was hardwired as opposed to WIFI like the phones.

You running IOS 9 on both phones?

Need to know so I can try same thing here.

yes. latest and second latest updates of IOS on both phones experienced the issue when connected to WIFI, ... the 1900AC was connected to the same network/router, but was hardwired as opposed to WIFI like the phones.

One of my guys here in the office who uses Iphone 5s with IOS9 was able to reproduce this.

I have sent video and report to engineers.

Will see how and when this can be fixed.