Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cvo

ATV1900AC firmware update manually

Hello,

I wonder if you could help on how to update the firmware manually. The instruction on the provided listing indicates there are few files (other than the image file) to be copied over to the root of the SD card. I only see 1 image file on the downloaded link???

I copied it to the SD card but it did not work when I tried to update it.

Thanking in advance

I could put the system into the recovery mode, but I could not select either the options(eg. apply update from EXT). I could scroll through the options no problem with the remote, but I could not select any of them. Do you know what may be the problem?

I tried few different ways but I did not go. I have no problem to mount the sd card as I could see the image file via file explore. Again, the problem is

I could put the system into the recovery mode, but I could not select either the options(eg. apply update from EXT). I could scroll through the options no problem with the remote, but I could not select any of them.

As per the upgraded instruction video, I think I need few other files along with the firmware image file for the upgrade.

I tried few different ways but I did not go. I have no problem to mount the sd card as I could see the image file via file explore. Again, the problem is

I could put the system into the recovery mode, but I could not select either the options(eg. apply update from EXT). I could scroll through the options no problem with the remote, but I could not select any of them.

As per the upgraded instruction video, I think I need few other files along with the firmware image file for the upgrade.

Are you able to try hooking up a USB Computer keyboard?

To see if you can select anything?

Are you able to try hooking up a USB Computer keyboard?

To see if you can select anything?

Hi Justin,

I tried with wireless, wired usb keyboards and mouse, but none of them work. I can only scroll through the options with the TV remote, but I cannot select the option (I wanted to select the "apply update from EXT" option). It is strange

CVO, is the scrolling going VERY fast??

If so, try sitting the remote on a hard flat surface and gently scroll to the entry you wish. It's motion sensitive and when I tried on an 1800E, backing out of the Beta release, minute movement made it almost impossible to stop, let alone press enter when you were at the right option.

CVO, is the scrolling going VERY fast??

If so, try sitting the remote on a hard flat surface and gently scroll to the entry you wish. It's motion sensitive and when I tried on an 1800E, backing out of the Beta release, minute movement made it almost impossible to stop, let alone press enter when you were at the right option.

Thanks for the tip, but with the TV remote, I could scroll through the options normally except nothing happened when I tried to select any of the options. Nothing else could control it including the original box remote. I guess the reason I could use the TV remote because the box connected to the TV via HDMI-CEC option. The other controls (mouse, keyboard, remote..) does not work probably to do with USB drivers in the recovery mode. It is strange to me.

Happy New Year!