Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

doublec4

New to MyGica, a few annoying issues...

Just bought my first MyGica android box... Using Kodi to find and play content but there are some really annoying issues.

1. Volume... when I pause a video to let it load, and then I resume, the volume jumps to a startlingly loud level. I press volume down and then it goes back to normal.

2. Videos won't load the entire way. I pause a video to let it load, hoping I can come back and watch it straight through.... only to find that it loads the next 5 mins, but nothing beyond that. So now I'm stuck watching 5 mins, then pause, then the next 5 mins, and then pause. Extremely inconvenient and annoying.

Are these any fixes for this?

Hello

I'm new to that box as well and have a few issues of my own. A few questions about the setup you using:

#1: Are you streaming them off the internet say from Genisis or something similar app?

#2:If your using an app to stream accross the Internet then its most likely the source you getting them from.

#3: Are you using a hard wired connection (RJ45) or the WIFI to connect your box? If your using WIFI under the WIFI settings there is an area that will show you the optimal wireless channel to use. Might want to make sure your using the best channel.

#4: If you accessing the video's across a network connection (stored on another computer on your network) or are they loaded onto a USB Key/Portable hard drive plugged into a USB port on the 1900AC?

Just bought my first MyGica android box... Using Kodi to find and play content but there are some really annoying issues.

1. Volume... when I pause a video to let it load, and then I resume, the volume jumps to a startlingly loud level. I press volume down and then it goes back to normal.

2. Videos won't load the entire way. I pause a video to let it load, hoping I can come back and watch it straight through.... only to find that it loads the next 5 mins, but nothing beyond that. So now I'm stuck watching 5 mins, then pause, then the next 5 mins, and then pause. Extremely inconvenient and annoying.

Are these any fixes for this?

1. Never had this issue so I can't comment on this. I have had it where there is no volume. You simply push the volume button up/down and it kicks in.

2. This is a Kodi issue. I forget the exact number but I think its 25 meg or so is the buffer size because the box is seen by kodi as an Android device (read: apk) so it only allows so much buffered size. Search under "advancedxml", it's been talked about before.

2.a I just download to watch later.

Thanks guys, I'll check out the advanced XML thing. I thought I read something about it while I was searching google, but I'll check it out again.

Considering this box is over $200 I really don't feel like I should have to dick around with xml files and what not. I was under the impression this thing was dialed in by now and I could just hit play... guess not.

Thanks guys, I'll check out the advanced XML thing. I thought I read something about it while I was searching google, but I'll check it out again.

Considering this box is over $200 I really don't feel like I should have to dick around with xml files and what not. I was under the impression this thing was dialed in by now and I could just hit play... guess not.

No - YOU DO HAVE A GOOD REASON TO BE PISSED OFF AND YOU ARE CORRECT WE SHOULD NOT HAVE TO "DICK" AROUND.

No - YOU DO HAVE A GOOD REASON TO BE PISSED OFF AND YOU ARE CORRECT WE SHOULD NOT HAVE TO "DICK" AROUND.

Couldn't agree more!!

Do not buy this product or any Mygica product!!!!

Nvidia Shield TV is WAY better!!!!

Do not buy this product or any Mygica product!!!!

Nvidia Shield TV is WAY better!!!!

http://androidpcreview.com/fix-kodi-buf ... ache/2611/

If you have buffering issues you are then, by definition, trying to watch (stream) something faster than you can get it. Since the "buffer" is held in the fastest part of the memory (ram) you're stuck with that. You would never be able to buffer more than 500 meg in a 2 gig box because that's actually for, oh I don't know running the box :D

If you're using Kodi and most of the "better" Addons, then simply use the download feature that most of them have.

Harrisparks idea to "Buy a more expensive box!" Makes no sense. My $99 atv380 would do the same.