Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

drspeed

Issues with stretched image on some channes with ATSC

Hi,

I have a MyGica ATV586 with ATSC digital tuner. For the most part it works well, but some channels just end up stretched so that you can only see the top part of the image. This happens with HD channels, I tried switching the screen resolution down or up (1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p) and the problem remains. I also tried forcing the channel into 16:9, 4:3 or full, all have the same issues. The preview of the channel on the home screen is good, you can see the image in the proper format. The one common condition I see, is that the image seems to be anamorphic, so less than 16:9, in the home screen the properly proportioned preview is 16:9 + black lines on the top and bottom. Once you open the DTV app, the image becomes stretched and you lose the bottom of the image.

Any one else has this issues, any solutions?

thanks

OK, I think I got it. In the display settings I forced manual HDMI output, specifically it gave me the option to choose 1080i. I chose that and my 720p TV is ok with that and more importantly the DTV Player now works fine with my three channels (CTV, CBC, Global in Canada). Clearly the player has a bug :-)

--- Dave

Thanks for the update, I'll try that, mine is connected to a rear projection DLP which is 1080i or 720p, I'll try some manual settings and see what happens.

You guys should also try the DISPLAY POSITION option under the display settings menu.

This will change the size of the entire Android Interface to fit your screen properly.

As noted in the other message thread: "Well, the solution did not last. I tried it again this morning and regardless of the video settings 2 of 3 channels are back to being scaled wrong. Clearly an intermittent problem!"

Changing the display position only has a small effect.

--- Dave