Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rraymond69

Wifi Problems

Hi Justin

When will the WiFi issue be fixed? You (MyGica) have been promising for months. I have had the ATV582 for a few months now and it is still only being used as a paperweight. I find it hard to get my head around the fact that you bring out a Android box without WiFi working. I know I'm bitching, but I expect a product to work the way it was advertised to work which I paid with my hard earned cash. If you (MyGica) were upfront with a realistic date I couldh've returned the product instead of waiting for a firmware update that will make my device functional. I know you are merely representing MyGica but we, the consumer, have the right to be accurately updated about this issue. I hope this will be seen as constructive criticism and not just another complaining customer.

Your quickest response to this matter will be highly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Raymond

Both my ATV582's are fine, both operating over WiFi and both up to date in terms of firmware.

My router is in my basement. my main/1st 582 is on my main floor, 2nd is upstairs in my bedroom.

Same problem here!!!

Please see below response from DroidLondon. This helped somewhat for me. The speed isn't close to what it should be, but at least makes the box half operational.

I've run into the same problem as you a couple times.

Usually installing the factory restore and then upgrading to the latest firmware fixes WiFi/Ethernet Networking issues.

You can find the factory restore here (5th one in the list for your 582 model): https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=!AJD ... B27C027A9B

Then you can find the latest firmware here: http://www.mygicasupport.com/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=3652

If this still does not fix your issues you probably have a defective unit.

You should sent the unit back to MyGica for a warranty exchange.

There is a burst mode feature that I will post as a patch file here for everyone to try

I should have it within a week or so.

This is hard to determine as an issue, because at our office we have 50mb download internet, all of our PCs connected via Ethernet get 49.5MBps download speed when using Speed test, and is the exact same on any 582, 1800, 1900, 586 etc that we try.

We get about 36MBS over wifi on our PC's, and get 27-30MBs over wifi on preety much any model of MyGica except the 1900 does get 36mbps.

So I have no idea really how to determine what is causing this issue for some people and not others. That has what's been the tough part with all of this.