Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Longster

atv582 won't boot

Hi. I did the Ota update but all of the sudden it take me to the recovery mode so I press the reboot and now it won't load at all, it won't so the kit Kate logo or boot to recovery mode. I did a reset button with a pin for 10/20 second while plug the power back in and still stuck on blank screen. Any other methods that I could try?

Thanks

try again, with the image of the firmware on a usb stick or sd card, so it can update, if you can go to recovery try deleting cache (only cache - selecting factory reset will erase everything from the box)

You could try a serial recovery, but it isn't necessarily the easiest of methods. Search on here for serial recovery and if you still need help, reply back or PM.

DV

I try to boot with usb flash drive with July software update , hold down the reset button and plug power for 10 second, the blue led light just stay solid and just stuck on blank screen. How do you use serial recovery? I can't find any information about serial recovery.

Thanks

After trying different firmware still no go, after reading and searching I see this brand is nothing but problem and with the lack of support, I am going to return this piece of junk and pay the difference on Nvidia shield which I shoulda done at the first place, Very disappointed with the box and the support. I would Never buy or recommend this brand ever again.

After trying different firmware still no go, after reading and searching I see this brand is nothing but problem and with the lack of support, I am going to return this piece of junk and pay the difference on Nvidia shield which I shoulda done at the first place, Very disappointed with the box and the support. I would Never buy or recommend this brand ever again.

Sorry you feel that way. I am attaching the package I used to recover one of my ATV582s via serial port at the bottom of this post. The only other files you will need are the latest firmware files which you can grab from https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21AJD9vZ3RxkAMZaI&id=324E6FB27C027A9B%211503&cid=324E6FB27C027A9B. Justin keeps the latest firmware files for various hardware available here. That's pretty good support, in my opinion.

Please also note that these forums are supported by end users who are not compensated for their information or input. Good Luck!! :)